Chapter 30- A great escape

"Hey, hello someone. One of you brain dead cows better get over here this instant," Fai called in an irritating sing song voice. The other captives were giving him looks of fear, astonishment and incredulity.
Right on que a Minotaur even bigger than the one who guarded the door to Salem's building stampeded down the corridor huffing in anger. His wire like fur was bristling and he carried a large axe ready to use it on the perpetrator of the noise. Fai bit back his fear and tried to maintain the cocky smile on his face.
"Who dares to speak to their masters in such a way," it roared when reaching the general area of the right cell.
"That'd be me bull brain," Fai replied lifting a lazy hand.
"And what did you want so desperately," it snorted it's hand reaching for the door. It was held back by the idea of killing his next pay check however so just about restrained his fiery temper.
"Oh I just thought you ought to know the leshy that was in here seems to have vanished. My guess would be that he teleported out." Fai said casually, not even looking at the half ton enraged beast ready to cut his head from his shoulders.
"Impossible he couldn't use his powers here." It grunted.
"Well somehow five has become four," Fai pointed out with a nonchalant shrug. It had the desired reaction and the guard opened the cell. He came in and counted the inhabitants before giving an irritated grunt and ambling off to alert his masters completely unawares to the trick that had been pulled on him.
Alec hurried along the corridor swift and silent like an assassin. He had always been good at making none noise with his feet which is why they'd chosen him to take the invisibility powder. That and the fact that he was the smallest other than the hare who would have had trouble covering up her scent. Alex just smelled like the forest which could be put down to a gust of wind from outside so here he was. Slipping out of the cell had been the easy part though and now he had to find the keys to the cells which would be no easy feat. He wished he had someone with him so he didn't feel quite so vulnerable while the suppressors only worked in the cells using magic would attract unwanted attention so he had to just hope the invisibility didn't wear off.
The first thing that he came across when he got past the golden door was a large with several guards in it. They were running around like headless harpies trying to figure out how Alec had breached their security, that'd teach them to be arrogant! However the bustle in the room was making it tricky for Alec as he had to keep out of their ways. If they bumped into him his capture would be imminent.
He was pressed into the corner when he noticed a glimmer of polished silver among all of the iron armour the guards wore. It was the nervous satyr who had brought them tea. In retrospect it was no wonder that he was so nervous, the dammed thing was slipping them a sedative. By his side though was a large set of keys which were undoubtedly for the cells. Rather clever really to leave them with someone as unlikely as the twitchy goat man.
How to get them from him? He'd have to be subtle so the guards wouldn't notice so pressing the stag horn to the satyrs throat was probably not an option. There was the emotion manipulator but getting the man to inhale it without the colourful powder being noticed was going to be tricky.
In the end Alec tailed the Satyr all over the huge building which began to get very irritating. He just needed to get the man alone which was proving to be very difficult as he was some sort of head servant meaning he had many duties. Finally though the the satyr ended up in what had to be his office which was the size of a wardrobe and contained only a small desk.
Alec took out the powder and willed the Satyr to feel guilt for what he had done then cupped it in his hand and blew it into the Satyr's face. The man sneezed but his face instantly screwed up with the crippling shame of the way he'd deceived the two boys and indeed many of the other slaves over the years. However betraying the Leshy had been an especially shameful act as Satyrs were very connected to nature and usually helped to protect it.
Time to seal the deal Alec decided. "Marius," he said in a chilling whisper. He'd heard the Satyr name as he was called to do tasks like a dog. "You are dammed Marius," he growled lowly again.
"W-who's there," the Satyr whimpered but Alec was moved each time he spoke so Marius didn't know where he was.
"You have aided in the capture of many innocent souls but this time you ahve gone too far. The green eyed one is destined for great things and you have hindered his chances of completing them," Alec thundered hoping the ad lib was working.
"I-I'm sorry w-what can I do? He has already gone from what I've heard," the satyr stuttered in fear. Alec thought about that.
"You will go and give the keys to his friend, the golden one."
"Salem will kill me though surely you know this," Marius pleaded.
"This is not just a chance for the slaves to be freed but you as well. Go now or worse than death awaits you," Alec snarled. The Satyr hesitated but only for a moment before he sprang off as fast as his hairy legs could carry him.

Alec watched Fai open the doors to his cell with pride. He had gotten back to the cells just as he had started to reappear. Hog, Lyra and Nesta all sprang out in joy and awe of the two crafty boys who had saved them from a lifetime of imprisonment. "You have freed us and I speak for all of us when I say I am at your service," Lyra the sphinx murmured much to Alec's surprise giving him a deep bow. Sphinx's were extremely proud creatures and to get offered the services of one was a big thing. Nesta nodded in agreement while Hog just winked at them giving Alec in particular a cheeky smirk.
Each of them took a key and went around freeing the other captives as quickly as possible. Several times guards came in but there were so many powerful beings in the corridor so unaffected by suppressors that they weren't a threat. However once everyone was freed they were faced the problem of how to get out of the heavily guarded building. Fai said he could take a quarter of them by light speed but anymore would be dangerous. Fortunately though a twin pair of witches turned up and offered to use a homing spell to send everyone to where they were supposed to be.
In the end they all got out of the building in one piece including Marius who apologised sheep no goatishly to all those he could then went off to find his brother herds. The boys were left alone to find Phoebe, Hestia, Flint and once and for all get away from Salem's lair.