Oliver Queen (Song Imagine)

*this is the first time doing one of these so I apologise that it may not be great*

Anon - Hiii sweetie, how are you? Could you do a Oliver Queen imagine inspired in the song "The Feeling" by Justin Bieber and Halsey where the reader and Oliver are really close friends and both really like each other but they never talk about it and suddenly Oliver decides to tell her about it? Hope you have a good night and thanks!
-----
*You are to me
A part of me just like anatomy
You're pulling me
You're pulling me in like you're gravity*

Oliver and Y/N have been close since they were in diapers, Y/N's parents were friends with the Queen's which led Y/N to being friends with Thea and Oliver.

But ever since Oliver and Y/N grew older, things between them changed. Oliver slept around with other beautiful girls and it made Y/N feel helpless, whenever the two were around each other Y/N felt herself being tugged closer to Oliver, like gravity was pulling them together, but Oliver didn't seem to notice her.

*I'm notorious for thinking you're
Full of beautiful instead of hollow
Sugar on your lips, it's hard to kill
Jagged like a pill, so hard to swallow*

What Y/N didn't know was that Oliver did notice her, he noticed everything about her. Her e/c eyes which always brightened up a room, her beauty that made Oliver feel weak to the knees, and her lips, he had to avoid looking at her lips for too long or he was afraid of what he'd do.

But Oliver didn't want to ruin their friendship, so, he used other women to his desire, not knowing how it made Y/N feel, seeing him with every other girl but her.

*Am I in love with you? Am I in love with you?
Or am I in love with the feeling?
Trying to find the truth, trying to find the truth
Sometimes the heart is deceiving*

When Oliver was said to be missing, possibly dead,  it didn't just break Y/N, it destroyed her. She didn't just lose her first crush but she also lost her best friend, her rock.

She constantly wondered if she ever really loved Oliver, or if it was her dependancy on him that led her to her feelings, but now she would never know.

*Can't get out of my head, I need you to save me
If I am delusional then maybe I'm crazy
In love with you, am I in love with you?
Or am I in love with the feeling?*

Thinking of Y/N was the only thing that kept Oliver fighting, he wasn't going to die on this island without telling her how he feels about her, he was determined to do everything he could to survive.

His thoughts and love for her was what gave him hope, until, he finally came home.

*You give to me
Everything, anything that I could dream
And at least that's what it seems
Could it be I don't know what's good for me? *

When Oliver returned nobody was as happy and relieved as Y/N. The two of them spent every spare moment together, Oliver gave her the attention she always craved but neither of them told the other of their feelings, they were both so afraid.

Oliver, now being the Green Arrow didn't want to danger Y/N, and Y/N, she didn't want to get her hopes up just to be let down, she was glad to just have Oliver back, but in her heart she still kept her feelings.

*I'm notorious for thinking you're
Full of beautiful instead of hollow
Sugar on your lips, it's hard to kill
Jagged like a pill, so hard to swallow*

But a mission changed everything. Oliver got there just in time to save Y/N, but she was unconscious. His heart hammered with fear and worry as he brought her back to the Arrow cave and did what they could to keep her comfortable until they woke up.

It was then that Oliver realised he couldn't keep his feelings hidden any longer, seeing Y/N in danger hurt him, but at least if he told her how he felt, if she knew she would be safe around him, both of them wouldn't have to worry as much.

His mouth grew dry in anticipation as you woke up, taking in your surroundings, and then, finally meeting Olivers eyes.

*Am I in love with you? Am I in love with you?
Or am I in love with the feeling?
Trying to find the truth, trying to find the truth
Sometimes the heart is deceiving*

Oliver made sure Y/N was perfectly fine before finally, after so many years he confessed his feelings about her.

Y/N was sceptical, searching for the truth in Olivers eyes, because she didn't want to get hurt, especially not by the man that she held so dearly to her heart.

When Oliver told her that he was the green arrow and that he'd do everything to protect her, Y/N believed him.

His words didn't deceive her as he pressed his lips to hers.

*Can't get out of my head, I need you to save me
If I am delusional then maybe I'm crazy
In love with you, am I in love with you?
Or am I in love with the feeling?*

They loved the feeling they felt by being together, lips connected, hands on each other's bodies, was this really what they've been missing, was this really love?

*I'm sinking faster and faster
Between heaven and disaster
Sorry if I made you feel like
I'm standing on the borderline, oh*

Their relationship afterwards was rocky, they didn't know what to do. They were both falling harder for each other but their worries also began to build up.

Oliver wanted to push her away again to keep her safe, but Y/N didn't want to lose him, not again. Words from his friends finally encouraged him to apologise and officially make Y/N his girlfriend.

*Am I in love with you? Am I in love with you?
Or am I in love with the feeling?
Trying to find the truth, trying to find the truth
Sometimes the heart is deceiving*

They knew at this moment that their love for each other was real, no matter what their minds first thought. Their hearts finally found each other and even with the dangers that lurked through the city, Y/N trusted Oliver and knew she wouldn't be in any harm as long as he was around.

*Can't get out of my head, I need you to save me
If I am delusional then maybe I'm crazy
In love with you, am I in love with you?
Or am I in love with the feeling?*

They were in love with each other, and now they didn't have to hide those feelings.