Chapter 13

"Dayna where are you? Everyone else that's supposed to be here is already here. You're the one we're waiting for you" Noelle said to me as I was in a taxi going to the venue where yhe rehearsals were being held.

Clayton and Adena had decided that they were going to have the wedding in New York since most of both their families resided here. The wedding was two weeks away and I was apart of the bridal party hence me going to the rehearsal- which I was late for by the way. It wasn't like I had much of a choice because I had to work, I couldn't just blow off work and ran off before my shift ends. Adena had made Noelle and I two of her bridesmaid considering we were cousins, I just hope that she'll understand my reason for being late.

"Just tell them to start without me, I'll be there in like ten minutes. I just got off my shift" I said to her.

"Alright, just tell the driver to hurry but be careful. You might be without a partner when you arrive" Noelle said before hanging up.

They were making the bridesmaids and the groomsmen marched together as partners so that's what Noelle meant when she said that I might be left without a partner. I wasn't sure how many persons were in the bridal party all together but I know that I wouldn't mind if I had to march alone without a partner.

"Excuse me sir, I don't mean to sound rude or anything and I definitely don't want you to get a speeding ticket but could you please drive a little bit faster? I'm really late for my cousin's wedding rehearsal, I don't want to miss it and disappoint him" I said as nicely as I could to the driver.

"I guess it won't be much of a trouble, I understand your situation. I was late to my sister's wedding she wasn't pleased and didn't speak to me for over three months" he said to me.

"Really? That's horrible, I'm really sorry about that" I said to him "Are you guys alright now?"

"Yeah, she forgave me eventually and from that day on I learned not to over drink the night before such a huge and important event" the driver responded.

"Good for you" I smiled.

A few minutes I arrived at the venue and went inside apologising to everyone for my tardiness. I made sure to explained to them that I had to work that's why I was late and they seemed to totally understand and wasn't upset with me.

"Dayna its fine, I understand don't stress" Adena smiled at me "Besides you're not the only one who is late, my unreliable brother isn't here either"

"Oh? So that means I'm not the last one here? Well that's a relief" I smiled at her.

"You're certainly not the last one here. When he gets here he's going to be your partner since everyone else had been paired up already" Adena smiled at me " but for now in afraid you're going to have to practice by yourself "

"That's okay, I don't mind" I told her.

We were practising for maybe twenty minutes or so before Adena's brother and brother in law showed up and I was completely shocked. I don't know what I have ever done to deserve this, why the hell was the world so cruel to me? Each time I try to move on with my life and forget about the cruel past it just keep reminding me. How the hell is Adena related to Carter? He's apart of the mafia for heaven sake. And her brother in law is
also involved. Is she aware of this?

"Hi there partner" Carter smiled as he came over to where I was.

"You are not my partner. I can't believe this, why the hell do you always show up everywhere. I'm trying to forget about everything that has happened in the past couple of months but here you are popping up in my life like every second" I said to him.

"I'm sorry, I had no idea you were related to Clayton or even knew my sister but we're going to have to put our differences aside because by the looks of things we're going to be partners"

"Dont you hear me. You're not my partner. As a matter of fact I doubt that I want to be apart of this bridal party anymore, excuse me" I went to get my bag to leave when he stopped me.

"Do you really want to do that? I mean if you walkout of here right now don't you think Clayton is going to start wondering why?" Carter said to me "Do you really want to ruin things for him? Look how happy he is"

"That's because he probably doesn't know what he's getting into and who you and that other one really are" I said to him pulling my hand away from him "I'm sure Clayton wouldn't be pleased with you even being near him if he knew what I knew"

"And who is going to tell him?" Carter challenged "I know you aren't that crazy to utter a word of anything to anyone"

"Are you sure about that?" I challenged back.

"Ofcourse I'm sure. First thing is you're scared so I know you wouldn't dare tell anyone anything you know. As much as you're playing brave right now I know better" Carter said to me "Secondly, you and your cousin seem to have a good relationship based on what I've seen so far. So I know that you wouldn't want to ruin things for him by telling him anything. Clayton and Adena are in love with each other and they are a good pair, she is innocent to what I do so don't let your hatred for me ruin someone else's life, I believe you're better than that"

"Oh I see you two met each other" Clayton smiled as he came over to us "Dayna this is the guy I wanted to introduced you to like Carter, this is my cousin I've told you about"

You've got to be kidding me. Clayton wanted to set me up with his brother in law who is also a criminal! This can't be real. I wouldn't be with Carter if they paid me to and he was the last guy on earth.

"Yeah, we've met bro" Carter smiled "She is indeed as beautiful and smart as you said. I sense we're going to be one big happy family soon enough. Maybe even more than just brother in laws- cousin in law as well maybe"

In your dreams pretty boy... I mean criminal boy.