Chapter 2

I couldn't help but to continuously tap my fingers on the table nervously and impatiently as I waited for that guy to show up.  I had already ordered two cups of coffee and I just think that if I drank anymore I'd send myself in instant cardiac arrest. A few nights ago I was contacted on my blog website by this guy who told me that he had exclusive clips, videos and information that could make big story in the press. I wasn't going to take him serious at first but when he contacted me again and sent me a brief clip that looks to be something interesting I responded and he asked if we could meet and we'd discussed details on exchanging the information he had. So here I was now sitting in a booth in the corner waiting for him to show up at this small coffee shop not to far away from the media house that I write for sometimes. The guy told me that he would meet me here at eleven am but it was now ten minutes past eleven and still no sign of anyone. I waited for about another ten minutes before deciding to leave. I had just stand up taking up my bag and empty coffee cup when a guy who seems almost out of breath came up to me.

"Hi, are you Dayna Ascot? Journalist for the blog..."

"I am" I nodded "And you are?"

"The names Mitch, I contacted you about some exclusive information" the guy said to me "Sorry I'm late, I got a bit held up"

"I was about to leave because I actually thought you changed your mind, but its okay. May we sit?" I gestured to the seats.

"Yeah sure" he responded and sitting down before me "Should we order some coffee?"

"I think not, I don't want to give myself a heart attack but you can go ahead" I said sitting down slowly in the seat opposite of him.

Mitch waved over a waitress and ordered a cup of coffee.

"Maybe we should just get down to business" Mitch said to me.

"That sounds good" I nodded "So you've contacted me about some information that you think would make headlines?"

"Exactly" Mitch replied.

"What's so interesting or different about the information you have? And why have you decided to contact me instead of a media house?" I couldn't resist asking because I was curious as to what was so special about this story.

"Well I had noticed your blog and even though it may be a bit boring..."

"Boring?" I gasped.

"Yes, it is a bit boring. No one really cares for the type of stuff you write there. Secondly, I've noticed that you seem to be a young upcoming journalist who could used the assistance in being recognized if you do this story" Mitch said to me.

"Oh really? I'm not quite convinced that's the whole story but I'd like to know, what do you have to gain from me presenting this story?" I folded my arms on the table in from of me.

"Well see, I like how you don't beat around the bush you just get straight to the point" Mitch said to me "You presenting a story would be beneficial and good for both of us as you already know the benefits you'll get but as for me I'll get peace before I die and if you're willing to get this information I think we'll do a little exchange for let's say $500?"

"What? And why on earth would I pay you 500USD 
for something that's probably not even that special or exist in the first place?" I asked him.

"You have your laptop here with you right? How about I show you a piece of what I am offering?" Mitch said as he took a flashdrive from his pocket.

"Alright then, let's see" I held out my hand for the flash drive.

Hesitantly Mitch placed the flash drive in my palm. After getting the computer ready and inserting the flash drive, I was about to asked Mitch where exactly this information was stored but realized that there was only one folder stored on it.