Chapter 9

What do you do if you should have another encounter with your previous captors? You've had living proof that these men are extremely dangerous and have a lot of power that makes them somewhat immune to the laws or getting caught? You've been kidnapped and held captive for days as a result of trying to bring about justice and they somehow had mercy on you and let you go and not harm you, if you kept your mouth shut. And now they showed up at the restaurant where you worked part time as a waitress? And you were the one surviving them. Well this is what was happening to me right now. I had successfully served two of the drinks to the men but the third one- nervousness got a hold on me and I somehow accidentally caused the glass with the drink to tumble over the table right into the lap of the guy I remembered as
Carter.

"Oh Shit!" Carter stood up from the seat the minute the drink spilled on him. His shirt got the most of it.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry, I didn't mean for that to happened. I'm totally sorry, I wasn't..."

"Dayna, Its okay" he responded.

With everything that has happened before and my nervousness added unto this now along with the scene that was caused now and hearing him actually say my name again, I freaked out and ran out of their back to the employers real room as fast as I could. The memories of every rushed back to me and I couldn't out back any more or control myself. I started crying, hyperventilating and panicking all at once. All this contributed to me having an asthma attack as well.

"Dayna, Dayna look at me! Dayna!" I could hear Ashley's voice talking to me but I couldn't focus "What's wrong? Are you having an asthma attack? Oh my God, Dayna breathe!"

"I... I can't"

"Where's your inhaler?" I heard Ashely asked before going through my pockets but it was as if I wasn't in this world.

I couldn't breathe and I was blacking out. Ashley kept shaking me and talking to me, at one point she stuff the inhaler in my hand telling me to use it. I tried focusing on her words and doing what she said until I eventually started being able to breathe again.

"Are you okay now?" Ashley asked sitting on the floor in the corner with me.

"I think so" I nodded.

"What happened? I never seen you had an asthma attack this bad before" Ashley said to me.

"I really don't know what happened" I said to her " One minute I was fine and serving those drinks, the next minute I had manage to spill drink on on guy and then running in here and felt like my insides were caving in"

"Sounds like you had a panicked attack and it triggered your asthma" Ashley said to me "I don't understand though, what triggered that panicked attack?"

"I don't know... Maybe the thought that I just made a fool out of myself and ruin the guys shirt" I said to her "Or the fact that I may be better fired..."

"You're not going to get fired Dayna. It was just a simple little mistake an accident actually, and it happens to the best of us" Ashley said to me "Besides it's not like this is something that happens to you everyday, this is the first time. I'm sure the boss can understand that"

"I hope so" I responded "I don't know what happened to me back there"

"I think you just haven't been around hot guys in a while and the minute you had four extremely hot ones in your presence you turn into a panicking mess" Ashley chuckled.

If only that was the case Ash.

"Really Ash, that's what you think of me? That I have so little experience with being around good looking men that the second I find myself around some I turned into an idiot?"

"I didn't say that Dayna you did. I'm just saying you can't handle hot guys. Next time I'll make sure to only introduced you and ask you to serve the ugly ones" Ashley laughed as I slapped her arm playfully "Don't want you to faint the next time around if you have to deal with cute guys, from now on leave all the hot guys to me, I'll gladly serve them"

"No doubt about that. You live for instance like those" I said to her.

"And you need to be more prepared for incidents like this. Dayna, you and I need to go out this week end and be surrounded by some cute guys"

"So that you can try to hook me up with some desperation perv again?" I said to her.

"That was just one time" Ashley defended "How was I supposed to know that guy would turned out to be such a creep? I mean he was so cute, I honestly thought he was your type"

"See that's the problem Ash, you can never judge a person by their appearance" I said to her "Looks can be deceiving alright"

"I just want to see my little baby find herself a nice boyfriend get married and give me some god babies" Ashley joked.

"Whoa Ash, you're thinking too far ahead. I haven't even thought that far as yet, girl I'm only twenty one I'm not ready for those responsibilities as yet" I said to her "And who told you that I want a boyfriend and husband by the way?"

"Well you've never expressed or shown any interest in females before so I'm just assuming you're straight and into guys" Ash responded "Don't worry, I'm going to help find you a hot boyfriend that way you won't faint or panic again whenever you have to be around and deal with other hot guys"

"When you find yourself one Ash, then you can help me find one"

"Well that won't be long sweetie because right now I'm on the hunt for a hot boyfriend unlike you" Ashley laughed before standing up and stretching her hand for me to take "Are you alright now?"

"Yeah, I'm okay now" I nodded as I stood up.

"How about you just take the rest of the afternoon off alright? I'll talk to the boss for you" Ashley said to me.

"Thanks Ash" I smiled before giving her a hug.

"Go home and get some rest okay hun" Ashley said to me before leaving me alone once again as she went back to work.

I was picking up my bag and getting ready to leave when the door opened.

"What are you doing in here?" I step bag frightened when I saw who entered the room.

"Hey relaxed I'm not going to hurt you. I talked to your boss, told him that what happened was an accident and that its cool so he isn't going to fire you. I asked to speak with you and then your friend told me you're in here"

"What do you want? I said I was sorry for spilling drinks on you, it was an accident. And I haven't told anyone about you or the others, you promised you'd leave  me alone if I kept my mouth shut and I did just that, I didn't say anything to anyone so what do you want?"

"I told you I'm not here to hurt you, I just want to talk" Carter said stepping closer.

"Talk about what?" I have stepping back "Why are you coming closer to me?"

"So we don't hate to shout while we're talking. Dayna I told you I'm not going to hurt you, you don't need to be scared of me"

" I have good reasons to be" I said to him.

"Oh my God, Dayna breathe! know you're absolutely right. With everything that has happened you have every right to be scared of us but I want to personally say that I'm sorry for any trauma we've caused you" Carter said before taking a seat on the bench near my bag.

"I'm afraid your apology is over three months late. I'm sorry isn't enough to fix all that has happened for the period of time you all had me kidnapped, tied up for days and drugged as well as threatening me and my family" I said to him "You don't know what I've been through or what my family has been through as a result. So I'm afraid your apology isn't going to fix things"

"You have this picture in your head of us being the bad guys but you need to know that things aren't always what they seem" Carter said to me "We don't just get up and harm people innocently, if you would allow me the chance I would tell and show you how our actions are justified"