Chapter 8

Three Months Later

"Ashley thank you so much for hanging on and covering apart of my shift for me" I said as I finished tying my apron around my waist "I didn't know that my interview with the Morgans was going to take up so much time..."

"Dayna its totally cool. You would've done the same for me I know. Guess now you owe me" she responded with a smile "So how bad is their situation?"

"Its really bad, I mean she doesn't have anything left. Almost all of her possessions were damaged in the flood. All of their appliances got messed up" I said to her "I just really hope they'll get the help they needs and the state could lend some assistance"

"I may have a few things I could donate to the  family...when is their story going to be aired?" Ashley asked me picking up a couple menus.

"Tonight. They've already got the footage and everything so they're just going to have it aired tonight" I informed her "All the information on how to assist the family will be on as well but if you want I could give you the information..."

"Yeah, totally. How about after I finished with those two tables huh?" Ashley suggested.

"Yeah okay" I nodded.

Ashley was my best friend since high school, she was the one who recommend me to her boss when I needed a back up job. I still work as a part time journalist but I still needed to make some extra cash and Ashley suggested that I could apply to this restaurant she as working at and I did. The extra cash definitely help and I actually enjoyed working here when I wasn't out covering a story.

"Oh may God Dayna" Ashley sighed dreamily.

"What's up with you?" I chuckled at her dramatic behaviour.

"I just saw the most beautiful species of men God has ever made" Ashley said to me "You have to cover table six to see them"

"What? Ash, you think every guy you see is gorgeous" I said to her.

"Well most of the time but this time I'm not exaggerating. There are three gorgeous guys out at table six" Ashley said to me "Go bring them drinks and you'll see"

"Ash, I don't even know what they ordered or who ordered what. You have to go...."

"Well here you go, I wrote down the orders and who ordered what" Ashley replied sticking a paper from her notepad in my hand.

"Ash? Wait... You're crazy you know that" I said to her before quickly scanning the note.

"You're my best friend Dayna, so I believe that we should share pleasant sights with each other" She took the tray of drink pushing them into my hands "You have to see for yourself what I'm talking about... Its a pity we're not allowed to fraternize with the customers"

"Yeah pity... I think it's a good thing or else someone would've definitely reported you for harassment already" I chuckled before turning to the door with the tray of drinks in my hands "No let me go see these gorgeous species you speak of.... Would you mind helping me with the door?"

"Yeah, sure..."Ashley ran opening the door for me.

I couldn't help but laugh to myself and shake my head at Ashley's dramatic antics. I have a really crazy best friend. I made my way over to table six to serve the men their drinks. Upon nearing the table I noticed there were actually four persons seated at the table. I only have three drinks however, did Ashley had issues with counting too?
I went over to the table greeting the men and giving them  their drinks according to Ashley's notes description. It was only when I took a good look at two of these men, that I froze.
I was very much familiar with these faces and they weren't ones that brought good memories or make me think of them as the best and most gorgeous
species that God made. These were faces that brought fear into my system...