Chapter 35

Aika's POV

“Mom,” Uruha whispered but loud enough for me to hear. He puts me down, still looking at his mom. Then he quickly grabbed my hand and clenched it tight. I could feel that he was trembling. I interlocked my fingers with his and looked at his mom who was giving us a cold stare. Yura just smiled and introduced me to her and vice versa.

“Onii-chan, I forgot to tell you that mom’s coming back. Anyway, Aika-chan, this is my mom,” She pointed me, “And Mom, this is my friend, Aika.”

“G-Good morning, ma’am,” I stammered and bowed down. After, I stood up straight and looked at the old, but elegant lady who was still experimenting—wait, that’s not the right word. Okay, take two. I looked at the old, but elegant lady who was still observing me with her eyes. Then, she diverted it and she was now looking at Uruha. She crossed her arms and sighed, “Kouyou, I didn’t knew you had a visitor.”

Uruha clenched his hand even tighter. “Yes, mom.” He replied with a little hint of sarcasm on the word mom. I nudged him on the elbow and whispered, “Uruha—”

“Shh,” Uruha shushed, still looking directly at her mother. At first, he was still staring but now, he was giving his mom a glare. I just sighed at his attitude and looked at her mother again.

Mrs. Takashima took a glance of my image for one last time then she rolled her eyes and went upstairs while saying, “Yura, tell our slaves to bring me breakfast at the office, immediately.”

“Yes, mom,” She smiled and went to the kitchen. Uruha sighed and finally let go of my hand. He massaged his temples while inhaling and exhaling. I looked at him, crossed. Then I elbowed him at the stomach which made him yelp in pain. “Itte! What the hell was that for?”

“That was for disrespecting your mom!” I hissed.

He rolled his eyes and sat on the couch. I sat beside him and sighed. He sighed as well and leaned his back. “I don’t like the way she looks at you.”

“Huh? What’s wrong with the way she looks at me?” I raised an eyebrow.

“I can’t tell. But there’s something on the way she looks at you.”

I leaned my back on the couch and heaved a sigh. Uruha’s family sure is weird. His mother was kinda strict…and creepy as well. Uruha is a little bit abnormal while his sister? Way above than abnormal, I tell ya. Sometimes, I always ask myself if Uruha and Yura are the children of Takashima Kagura-san. Their mother is definitely formal, no doubt about that. While those two…if I use my mom’s mother tongue language (whut?), meron silang sayad.

(A/N: TRANS: Meron silang sayad – They have loose screws in their head. For short, dorks.)

I closed my eyes and drowned myself in my own thoughts. That was actually a surprise. And in fact, Uruha’s mom and I met in a VERY awkward situation. It was kinda unexpected as well—in Uruha’s side though.

“What are you thinking?”

“Ay pusang kalbo!” What the heck? I was startled because he interrupted me in my thoughts. Yes, he brought me back to reality.

(A/N: TRANS: Pusang kalbo – Bald cat XD)

“Aika,” Uruha sighed, “I just noticed, whenever you’re startled by something, you always say something in Filipino. Could you teach me that language?”

I lied down on the couch and sighed heavily. “I don’t think you’ll survive.”

His facial expression suddenly changed. “What’s that supposed to mean!?”