Chapter 23

Aika's POV

I woke up from a not-so-deep slumber. If you don’t get what I’m saying then I’ll narrow it down. I just woke up from my nap. My head still hurts but not like before. The bleeding that came from my nose stopped. I looked around and I found out that I’m inside the infirmary. I forgot I was hit by a ball.

I looked at my right side and saw Reita standing at the window, looking at the view outside the campus. I slowly sat up and he immediately felt my presence so he turned around and looked at me. He smiled and sat at the edge of the infirmary bed. “Glad to see you’re awake.”

I smiled and looked at the plain white blanket, “Looks like the infirmary is our hang-out place now.”

He laughed and grabbed my hand. “Since the time we started hanging out and had an MU relationship, you are now always prone to accidents.” He was smiling but there was a twinge of guilt inserted in his voice.

I shook my head and smiled at him, “These are just coincidences. These are the results of me being clumsy and losing my focus.”

“I just hope so. I couldn’t bear it if you die.” He leaned and kissed me. It surprised me but I kissed back. Then I immediately let go since we were inside the campus. He frowned but immediately released me from his grip. “Die? That’s too much. You wanted me to die already?”

He laughed. “No, I don’t want you to die. Besides, you are now prone to—“ I hushed him by putting my index finger on his lips.

“I said these are just coincidences. If you don’t shut up and be paranoid, I’m going to kiss you.” I mentally slapped and punched myself to death. Out of all the words I can use, why kiss?!

Reita smirked as he inched himself towards me while I stood up and slowly distanced myself away from him. “Aika, you’re not supposed to stand up.” He grinned as he kept inching himself towards me.

“Eh? Why not?” I smirked and distanced myself even farther than Reita.

“I’m going to tickle you if you don’t come back.” He smirked evilly as he inched his ten fingers towards my direction. I only did was stuck my tongue at him since he was too far from me.

“But seriously, you bumped your head. And your nose bled. So, you’re not yet allowed to move.” He said with sincerity and there was a hint of worried tone.

But then again, I know Reita much so; he’s just playing tricks on me. “You can’t fool me, noseband blonde.”

Then we started chasing each other around the infirmary. There were times that he caught me but I always managed myself to get away from him until…

“Shit, I’m dizzy.” My body started to feel weak and my vision feels like the world was spinning too fast. Before I knew it, I fell on the ground.

“See, I told you that you shouldn’t move.” Reita didn’t catch me but carried me bridal style and helped me lie down on the infirmary bed that I was on a while ago.

I sighed deeply and looked at him. He sat beside me and brushed the hair out of my face. Then he kissed my head and uttered these words, “I love you.”

“I love you too.” I whispered, loud enough for him to hear. Then he leaned closer. I could feel his breathing even though he had his noseband on. And since I knew what was coming, I closed my eyes then all of a sudden, I could already feel his lips on mine. He placed his left hand beside my right side as I tangled my fingers on his hair. We didn’t deepen the kiss. We just wanted it to last.

We let go after a minute to catch our breath. Then I touched my lower lip and looked at him. “Your lips are kinda dry,” He immediately pouted but I smiled at him, “but it’s warm.”