Twenty Two: Flashbacks; Osano

(Friday) Amaya's POV

"It's no good. Your fever's getting worse." Amaya said as she had her hand over my forehead. I panted lightly as it was getting hard for me to breathe while my eyes were closed. "Yan-kun, get me another cold washcloth!" Amaya called.

I opened my eyes slightly. "Will I be able... to go to school today?" I asked Ayano. "Not with the fever you have." Yan-kun said as he walked into the room with the cold and damp washcloth. He placed it over my head as I started to cough.

"Ayano, you go on and head to school. I'll stay home and look after Amaya." Yan-kun offered. "Yeah, okay. Just make sure you take care of her, Yan-kun." Ayano said. "Yeah, I will." He replied. Ayano left the house, heading to school.

Yan-kun dabbed the washcloth on my head as I continued to breathe unevenly. "Here, sit up." Yan-kun said. He helped me sit up from the bed as I coughed. "Sheesh, you really are sick. I wish you had mentioned this paranoia stuff before, Amaya." Yan-kun said.

He gave me two pills and I swallowed them down with some water. I coughed again as Yan-kun laid me back down on the bed. "I'm... sorry..." I whispered. "Don't worry about it. Here, get some rest." He said as he laid me back down on the bed.

My head rested on the pillow as Yan-kun placed the cold and damp washcloth on my head. "Get some rest. The pills I gave you will make you sleepy soon, so the sleep should help lower your fever." He said. "Thank you... Yan-kun." I whispered.

He kissed my head before leaving the room. I closed my eyes as I coughed. "I really... screwed up this time. I should've... taken better care of myself instead of worrying about Nemesis-kun." I whispered before coughing.

I closed my eyes as I started falling asleep.

(Flashback)

"Haha! You suck, Amaya!" Osano said, teasing me. "I never said I was good at this." I replied. I was seven years old as I hung out with Osano in the living room. Momma was doing Ayano's hair while Yan-kun was with her.

"You always stink at board games! At least try and beat me! It's like you're letting me win!" He said. I didn't reply as I moved my pieces forward seven spaces. Osano grabbed the dice and rolled a four. "1, 2, 3, 4... Ha! I win again, Amaya!" Osano bragged.

"You don't have to be such a jerk about it, Osano." I said. "Come on, let's play again." He said. "I don't wanna play anymore." I said, emotionlessly. I picked up my stuff doll and walked down the hallway. "Amaya's such a loser! Amaya's such a loser!" Osano sang as he followed me.

"I am not. Why do you have to be so mean?" I asked in an emotionless tone. "Come on, Amaya! Learn to lighten up! You're so sensitive!" Osano said as he grabbed some of my hair from behind. I glanced at him with an emotionless gaze.

"Please let go. That hurts." I said, emotionlessly. "You have to say, uncle! Say it, and I'll let you go!" Osano said. "But it hurts." I mentioned. "Come on, it can't hurt that bad! I'm not even pulling it!" Osano said. "It hurts." I repeated.

"Hey."

"Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow!"

I turned around when I didn't feel Osano's hand in my hair anymore and saw that Yan-kun had twisted his arm behind his back. "Quit picking on my sister, Osano." Yan-kun said in a deadly tone. "Yan-kun, you're hurting him." I mentioned, monotonously.

"That's the point." He said, twisting Osano's arm even more. "Ow, ow! Hey, cut it out! That hurts!" Osano said. "Say, you're sorry to Amaya and I'll let you go." Yan-kun commanded. "We were just having a little fun! She needs to learn to lighten up!" Osano said. "Ow!"

Yan-kun twisted his arm again, telling me Osano was in more pain than before. "Apologize." Yan-kun repeated. "Ow! Okay! I'm sorry, Amaya!" Osano said. After he apologized, Yan-kun let him go. "Don't mess with my sister again." Yan-kun warned before walking away.

"Pfft. Your brother's a real pushover." Osano said. "He's only being protective. You can't really blame him. He is my big brother." I stated. "I didn't... really hurt you, did I?" Osano asked. "No, not really." I said. "I didn't mean to hurt you. I was just fooling around. I'm sorry." He apologized.

"It's okay, Osano. I know you didn't mean it. I forgive you." I said. Osano blushed while looking to the side. I held my stuffed doll as my cheek rested in its head while I stared at my childhood friend. 'He's such a Tsundere.' I thought.

(End of Flashback)

I slowly opened my eyes and found myself staring at my ceiling. "Why did I dream that... all of a sudden?" I whispered. I yawned again as I looked at the time on the clock. I've been asleep for an hour.

Ayano doesn't get out from school for another few hours, assuming she doesn't have anything to do after school. I closed my eyes, going back to sleep.