Four: Lunch With Osano

Amaya's POV

"I'm sorry I'm late." I apologized as I walked into class. "Please, try to make it to class on time. Take your seat." Ms. Rana said. "Yes, ma'am." I replied, and took my seat. "What the heck happened to you? Why are you late, Amaya?" Osano asked.

"I'm sorry. I just... lost track of time." I lied. I took out my notes as Ms. Rana went on with the lesson.

(Lunchtime)

It was lunchtime and I got a text message from my sister. "What's up, Sis?" I texted back.

"I have an assignment for you. Do you think you can handle it?"

"You know I can. But I promised Osano I'd meet him on the roof for lunch."

"Okay. I'll have you do it after lunch."

"What's the assignment, by the way?"

"I need you to get the Ritual Knife from the Occult Club. Bring it to me before class starts."

"Okay."

I put my phone back in my bag and headed to the roof. "Yo! Amaya!" I looked over and spotted Osano near a bench, waving over to me. I ran over to him. "Sorry to keep you waiting." I said, once I was with him. "It's about time you showed up. Anyway, here,"

Osano handed me a lovely-wrapped bento. "What's this?" I asked. "It's a bento, okay?! I made too much food this morning, so you can have the extras." He said. Man, does he sounds a lot like his sister or what? I looked at the bento, then at him.

Osano's never made or brought me lunch before. I wonder what made him bring me lunch today? "Osano...?" I asked, looking at him, suspiciously. "Hey! Don't look at me like that, okay?! Just shut up and eat your bento! Geez!" He said, handing me the bento.

"Um... Okay." I took the bento from him and sat down on the bench. I took off the lid and saw that Osano had made it beautifully. Picking up the chopsticks, I took a bite out of a riceball. "It's good. I never knew you were such a good cook." I mentioned.

"Really? You like it?" He asked. "Yeah, it's good." I said, emotionlessly. "W-Whatever, okay?! It's not like I made it for you! Like I said, I just made too much food this morning! Dummy!" He said. "I believe you." I said, eating more of the bento.

Osano gave a slight smile and sat down with me, taking out his own bento and eating it.