Seventeen: Burning Kokona

(Tuesday)

The next day, Yan-kun stayed by my side as he walked me to class. "You don't have to walk me to my class, Yan-kun. I'll be fine." I assured him. "It's better to be safe than sorry." He replied. 'Yeah, but I don't think Ayano and I going to be hunted today.' I thought. 

The atmosphere was normal today and we weren't assigned a mission by Info-chan. When we got to my class, Yan-kun kissed my forehead, then left to his class. "Wow, you look awful." Osano mentioned. "I know." I agreed.

"What happened to your hand?" He asked. "I accidentally cut myself while cutting apples." I lied. "Wow, you're clumsier than you look." He said. I just shrugged my shoulders before looking at Ms. Rana as she went on with class.

(Lunchtime)

When the bell rang, I got up from my seat and went to the roof to meet my siblings. I was little bit slow since I had a cut in my leg. Once I got there, the three of us stood together, plotting what to do next.

"Because we reset the week, we need to find a new way to eliminate Kokona." Ayano said.

"I might have an idea." I said. "Let's hear it." Yan-kun said. I took out a voice recorder. "Listen to this." I said before pressing PLAY.

"Hello? Ugh, I told you not to call me when I'm at school! Like I said, that was a one-time thing! I don't wanna do that again! H... How much did you say...? Well... If it's just... one more time... then I guess it's okay. How about tonight? Where we met last time? In Sisuta Town? Okay, then. See you tonight. Ugh! I can't believe I'm doing this!"

I pressed STOP once the recorder was done playing. "Sounds like compensating dating to me." Yan-kun commented. "Maybe we can use this to our advantage." Ayano said. "How?" I asked her. "I'll tell you when we get home." Ayano replied.

I gave a small nod. "Actually, now that I think about it, I think there's a hundred ways to get rid of Kokona." I mentioned, emotionlessly. "How?" Yan-kun asked. "Well, here's one way. Follow me." I said. I ran to the side of the school and texted Info-chan about needing a box of matches.

Once I sent her twelve panty shots, she opened her window and dropped a box of matches. "Pleasure doing business with you." Info-chan texted me. "Hold this for me." I said, handing the box of matches to Yan-kun. 

He put them in his pocket and we headed Gardening Club. I filled a bucket with gasoline, then ran out to the courtyard. I spotted Kokona on the bench, eating her bento. As I approached her, I purposely tripped and fell while dumping the gasoline on her.

"Kyaaaa!" Kokona yelped after I dumped the gasoline on her. "What... IS this?! It smells like... gasoline?!" She said. "Matches, please." I said to Yan-kun as I sat on my knees. He handed me the matches and I lighted a match.

With an emotionless gaze, I flicked the match over to Kokona. Once the match landed on her, she burst into flames. Kokona screamed as she tried to put out the flames, but it didn't work. In the end, she burned to death as her body charred.

Taro saw the body and ran off, scared. "Wow... Nice job, Sis." Yan-kun praised. "I'll say. But didn't it hurt when you hit the ground?" Ayano asked. "A little, but it was worth it, wasn't it?" I said . "Definitely. Well done, Amaya." Ayano praised with a smile.

"That was beautiful! A splendid work of art!" Yan-kun and Ayano turned around as Kizano walked over to us. "Pardon?" Yan-kun asked. "What Amaya just did was splendid! The way she acted that was beautiful!" He praised.

"Um..." I raised a brow at him. What do I say? "Was getting Kizano to watch you part of your plan?" Yan-kun whispered to me. "No." I answered, shaking my head. "Amaya, darling," Kizano took a knee as he was facing me.

"Why didn't you tell me you were such a splendid actress?!" He said. "Um..." I looked past him, looking at my sister. She mouthed to me, "Just go with it and let him believe it was an act. We'll deal with him later. You'll be fine."

I gave a nod and turned my attention back to Kizano. "I didn't know I had an audience." I answered, emotionlessly. "Come! To the Drama Club! You have a lot to learn before you can become a star!" Kizano announced.

He took my hand and helped me to stand to my feet before leaving to the Drama Club.

Ayano's POV

I watched as Amaya walk off with Kizano. "Okay, that was weird. Didn't Kizano notice Kokona burning?" My brother asked. "Forget about it. We need to get rid of the body." I said. "Why should we deal with Amaya's mess? She's the one who burned the girl." Yan-kun complained.

"Stop whining. Do you want students coming out here and seeing Kokona's body while screaming their heads off?" I said, bluntly. "No." He grumbled. "Then, come on." I said. Yan-kun sighed and we both grabbed Kokona, taking her body to the shredder.