Chapter 21

AN: Sorry, Wattpad was being incredibly stupid and not letting me update or check my reads or comments or anything! I check the comments and they are really annoying if you just say update... Please try to give me some ideas. DM me if anything or at least try to make me fell happy because I'm starting to get hate in my DMs because writing Fanfiction is dumb to some people... WHY ARE YOU ON WATTPAD THEN!

On with the story...

"Husband?" Stefan asked.

I nodded, examining Damon's livid face.

He began pacing around the room before stopping in front of me.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Damon. If I knew, I would've told you but I didn't until about this morning when I received a letter from my father saying everything. I threw it into the fire"

Stefan came up to me and looks me dead in the eye in an attempt to compel me, making me laugh.

"Stefan, Brother. Are you an idiot?" Damon smirks calming down and slinging his arm around Stefan's shoulder.

"In order to compel an original, I found out from Elijah that you just need to trigger their most vulnerable time" His gaze lands on me and stays "and I know exactly what her's is"

Damon wouldn't.

Oh, Who am I kidding? Of course he would!

Wow, I am losing my touch and becoming stupid, aren't I?

He begins talking about my fight with Kol and the brutal kicking and punching and nail scratches we left on one another's skin.

We rolled and tumbled and stumbled through undergrowth, tree roots, thorns, bushes and so much more out in the woods.

We ended up both plummeting into the lake below a gorge that we had been originally grappling on.

It went on for a week.

Finally, my vision blurred and all I heard was Damon's voice as his piercing blue eyes stared into my own.

"What did the note your father sent you say?"

I didn't even think before knowing the answer as if I was being forced to answer the truth and only the truth.

"Dear Adira,

It's been quite a while since I've seen you last and just wanted to either meet and discuss all that has happened since I last saw you. There is a doctor in your town who is very experienced with Vampires, his name is Dr. Wes Maxfield. He tells me you have been in captivity at the St. Augustine research facility. There is a high chance that your husband, Leonardo Howard, is there.
Yes, Husband. You accepted his hand in marriage in 1011 by choice of your mother and I.
I hope I've elaborated enough for your understanding.
Your Father" I said in a monotone voice.

"Where is this Leonardo Howard?" Damon sneered.

"He ran off right after I bit Maxfield an told me he'd ring me up so we could catch up"

They nodded as my vision cleared and all the sounds and sights around me became more visible.

I saw Stefan smiling sadly at me while Damon was no where to be found.

"I know I'm going to regret asking this, but where's Damon?"

Stefan smiled sadly again before hugging me "He said he was going to find this Leonardo person"

"His name is Leo... and What would Damon do if he found him?"

Stefan shrugged before grabbing my hand "lets find him before he does what he does better"

With that, we ran into town and searched every store that was open and even prying locked doors open and looking there.

We were heading toward the the town center when my phone rang from
My back pocket. I retrieved it and pressed the green answer button before placing it up to my ear.

"Hello"

"Hello, my love" Damon cooed through the phone. You could just hear the smirk in his voice.

"Damon, Where are you?"

"Oh just somewhere that you have gone countless time and Stefan met Elena. Ads, you might want to hurry. Leonardo here doesn't have much longer what with being chained up in the locker room that smells like dirty socks... then there's always that stake in his stomach" With that, he blew a kiss before hanging up.

"Stefan, We have to hurry. Damon's found Leo and he has him chained an staked in the boys locker room!" I yell back as I jog in the direction of the school before vamp running across town where the high school is with Stefan following behind.

I stopped right before I ran into the outside wall and ran inside towards the gym and locker rooms as Stefan tried to catch up.

I barged into the door that said boys to see Leo chained on the wall, brown wooden rod lodged into his stomach with Damon standing there on his phone. There were two other boys there taking showers after being left by the rest of the track team from the Meet.

"Damon.. Let Leo go"

"Oh look who finally showed up. Little Adira. Come to rescue Prince Charming?" Damon sneered, pulling the stake out and shoving it in Leo's shoulder, causing him to wince and groan.

"Damon. Stop"

"Why? What are you going to do?" He laughed. "Might as well kill me, I'm already heartbroken because of you."

I noticed Leo rip one of his shackles out of the wall, using it to free his other hand and jump up and over Damon from behind; successfully knocking him down.

"You are not stealing my girlfriend away" Damon said as he threw a punch aimed at Leo's face.

"She's my wife. Haven't you heard of the Bro Code?" Leo said, dodging Damon's fist and flipping him.

They both freeze before turning to me after sharing a glance.

"Who are you going to choose!?" they exclaimed in unison as Stefan came in the room with tear stains trailing down his face.

"Stefan, What happened?"

He sniffled "Remember when Elena broke up with me about 3 weeks ago? Well, Caroline and Bonnie just told me she has feeling for someone else..."

His sadness turned to anger as he stared at his brother with a cold, icy glare.

I wonder who that could be?

Sarcasm at its best, ladies and germs.

"Damon Salvatore, my dear brother and I'm guessing your ex boyfriend holds Elena's true feelings" Stefan sneered as I hugged him right before leading him out with Leo following behind as Damon stood in the middle of the locker room in a daze.

I know Damon truly loves and adores Elena and I was just helping him realize this because in all honesty, they're just hurting each other by being apart and with other people.

So this was all part of my plan...

Oh I'm sneaky ;)