Chapter 2

"I- I'm Katy." I stuttered as I grabbed his hand and shook it. He smiled and lifted my hand to his lips, not breaking the contact between our eyes. I could feel my cheeks turning pink. "Katy! There you are!" My mom's voice snapped me out of my trance. I looked to my left and saw my mother rushing towards me with Dad, Matt and Tristan. "Where's Austin?" I asked her when they reached me.

"We can't find him."

"Who might this be?" mom asked motioning to Dylan.

"Oh! Uh, this is Dylan. I met him about two hours ago."

"Very nice to meet you Mrs. ..." he trailed off.

"Enderson." she finished for him and shook his hand.

He smiled at her politely and kissed her hand in the same way he did mine. Wow, he's such a gentleman. My heart was pounding in my chest, and obviously, my mom was shocked because her eyes widened and she looked at me quickly. She'd definitely taken a liking to him already!

"Mr. Enderson." said Dylan, shaking my dad's hand as well.

"Would you like a ride home, Dylan?"

"Oh, no no, my parents would worry about me."

"Why don't you find them and we can all ride in the Limo together?"

Dylan's eyes widened and he looked at me with raised eyebrows. "Limo?" he questioned, and she nodded casually at him. "I'll go look for them." After smiling faintly, he disappeared into the crowd and I turned my attention back to my family, who were all looking at me with smirks. "We should look for Austin." I changed the subject and walked toward the  crowd as well. Matt and Tristan followed so that I wouldn't get lost. Instead of finding Austin, Austin found us.

"Where are mom and dad?" he asked us.

"I don't know, but I'm ready to get out of here!"

  Finally, we found mom and dad already chatting with the O'Brien family. We made our way to our limo and got inside, having more than enough room to fit everyone. "Does anyone want any refreshments?" Dad offered as he grabbed a drink from the fridge. "No, thank you." I politely declined and everyone began chatting amongst themselves.

"Is it just me or are our families getting along really well?" Dylan whispered to me. I giggled softly when his breath tickled my ear.

"Looks like they are." I responded, still looking at our parents' exchanging conversation.

My hair, which was pulled into a casual wavy up-do was starting to fall, so I pulled out my hair tie and let my brown waves cascade over my shoulders and down my back. I looked over to an obviously shocked Dylan. "What?" I glanced around to see if I had missed something. His mouth opened, but no sound came out for a while. "Dylan?" I waved my hand in front of his face. "Wow." he breathed. "What'd I miss?" I asked, still confused.

"Nothing." And he stiffly put his back to the seat.

The rest of the ride was silent between us, but it was a comfortable silence. Sooner or later, I must have fallen asleep because I woke up in my bed the next morning, with my clothes changed and blankets tucked warmly around me, to the best smell ever. Three words. Chocolate. Chip. Pancakes. I brushed out my hair, put it in a tight bun and threw on sweatpants and a t shirt before running down the stairs. As soon as my foot hit the last step, my brothers were attacking me with hugs.

"Good morning!" I laughed and kissed their cheeks.

"You were basically out cold last night so we hope you don't mind that we got you ready for bed."

I laughed out loud as we entered the kitchen. "Of course not you guys; that was actually really sweet, thank you." I glanced back at them and then greeted my mom. "Hey mom, whatcha makin'?" I kissed her cheek and she rolled her eyes, laughing.

"Like you don't know."

I giggled and sat down by my brothers, who were distracted by their phones. Just a minute later, the doorbell rang and I was hopping up to get it. We weren't expecting company because no one told me as much, so I pulled the door open expecting to see someone there, but not someone holding a bouquet of roses. My eyes widened.

"Can I help you?" I asked, leaning against the door frame.

"Are you Katy Enderson?" he asked. His voice was deep, but soothing in the oddest way.

"Yes?"

"Then these are for you." He extended the flowers to me.

"What? Who are they from?"

"I don't know Ms., I was just told to deliver them to this address by noon."

I shook my head in doubt but grabbed the flowers anyway, looking at the man like he had lost his mind. Tied to the bottom of the bouquet was a little light pink card, the same color as my dress last night. I opened it cautiously, as if there was a chance that it would blow up in my face.

"To Katy," it read, "the only thing that made last night beautiful."