Remember Me [6]

- C H A P T E R  S I X - 

When I woke up the next morning, all I heard was my stomach growl with hunger. Celeste, who was currently staying over with us, kicked me out of bed because it wouldn't stop so I made myself some toast, quickly spread on some pineapple jam and crunched on it. If I didn't feed the lion, it would never shut up.

To my luck, Eric wasn't at home to tease me about my Barbie pyjamas that I didn't bother to take off because of the starvation. Looking down at myself, I realised that maybe I was a little old to wear them but I didn't care, I only left my teens last year.

Where was Eric anyway? He didn't even leave any message or note saying that he was going to disappear or something. Even dad wasn't at home so perhaps they are either out in the farm or gone somewhere fun and didn't want to tell us.

"Morning," said Celeste from behind me. She came into the kitchen in her pyjamas too. Her ones had cute, little, cartoon baby animals with them each saying the sound that they make in a speech bubble.

I looked up to her face and gasped. Her eyes were half closed with dark circles under both eyes, looking as if she had been punched. She looked a little bit like a zombie as she slowly meandered towards the fridge. . Did she even know where she was going? I bit my lip, knowing it my stomach who kept her up.

"Good morning, Ce," I smiled as she carried on walking. "I'm guessing you're hungry," I said as she still headed towards the fridge in slow motion.

"Mmm," she muffled.

As she got closer to the fridge, I was afraid she'd crash into it but instead she opened it and pulled out the milk and poured it into a bowl. How could she see with her eyes closed? Did she have some sort of secret eyes on her forehead?

She then picked up the milk to return it to the fridge but instead she headed towards the kitchen door, with no idea of where she was going. She was almost there and I was so sure she was going to hit it. I was going to stop her by pulling her back but I wanted to see her reaction. It was mean of me but I felt evil today.

"Ce," I called but she ignored. I chewed on the toast and called her again with my mouth full. "Celeste..."

"Mmm," she said.

"You're going towa-"

It was too late.

Instead of her hitting the door, the door hit her. It swung open with all its force and hit her directly on her head, causing her to fall backwards, with milk splattered all over her face. But for a weird reason, it was chunky. Celeste must have had a little taste of it because she scrunched up her face and spat onto the floor.

Ew.

By the door, stood Harry who closed his eyes with a nervous look and bit his bottom lip. "I hit someone, didn't I?"

I nodded my head slowly and looked down at Celeste who groaned with agony. I quickly ran towards her, grabbing a roll of kitchen tissue and bent down. Her eyes were still closed but she was moving. Although she had out of date milk all over her, I still held her head but I began to wipe some of it away with the tissue.

"Are you alright?" I asked as I held her head. Harry bent down and looked at me nervously. He pinched his nose to block the smell but I slapped it away before Celeste saw. I didn't blame him though, the milk absolutely reeked.

The first thing I noticed was the massive bump on her head. I swear, it could be mistaken as mars and scientist might have to send rovers into her bump to see if any aliens were living inside it. I decided to keep my mouth shut about it because I knew she'd freak out about it.