Remember Me [7]

- C H A P T E R  S E V E N -  

I managed to catch Eric eventually after he tripped over nothing and ended up on the grass. I gave him a good old beating and we both then sat back on the grass feeling exhausted and watched the clouds drift by. I tried playing the game where you have to guess what the clouds look like but Eric was completely hopeless at it. A cloud that looked exactly like a heart was mistaken as a monkey. Typical Eric. 

Celeste served us both some iced drinks as we slouched back on the sofa. My legs were hurting from running and my arms were hurting from holding the mop and hitting him so much. I made him promise to pay for a new car but a guy with amnesia would probably forget and use the amnesia excuse.  

"So Rose, did you manage to get him?" she asked, grinning. I was just about to answer but she carried on talking. "You don't need to answer that because...." she said, trailing off as she pulled out her phone from her pocket.”I've got this." 

She sat in between us and on the screen of her phone, there were two people running after each other. I couldn't help but to burst into laughter. We did look pretty funny whilst I chased him. 

"I love this part," Celeste said, as the bit where he got hit by the mop played. "You guys are too cute." 

"Aren't I?" Eric said, smirking. I rolled my eyes and threw the pillow at him.

"Yes, yes you are," she said, putting the phone away. "Tweety." 

Eric's smile turned into a frown. "Oh, not that stupid name again." 

"What? That name is awesome," she laughed. 

"I know right," I agreed.

"Oh, come on," he moaned. "You might as well call me Sweetie."

Celeste and I exchanged looks and Eric slapped his forehead, regretting to give us that idea. 

"Sweetie... I like it," Celeste said and I nodded. "That's it then, that's your new name." She said and I laughed as I watched his horrified expression.

"You know what?" he said, standing up. "I'm going to my room. You girls can make fun of me all you like but I will get revenge." 

"Like what?" Celeste said. "Call me Petunia from Baby Looney Tunes?" 

"You mean the pig?" He smirked. "Good idea. Bye Piggy." 

He walked towards the door and headed out as Celeste frowned. "Piggy? I hate that name!" 

"Your idea," I laughed and shrugged my shoulder.

***

I couldn't sleep the next morning. Neither could anybody else that was living in this house. All I heard was buckets dropping onto the floor and loud footsteps heading out the door and coming back in after five minutes. What the hell was going on? 

Stretching my arms, I got myself out of bed and pushed Celeste out too. I pushed her a bit too roughly, causing her to roll of the bed onto the carpeted floor. She was sleeping so peacefully because she was wearing ears muffs over her ears. If I couldn't sleep peacefully, neither could she. 

"Rose!" She cried as she stood up from the floor. "What is wrong with you?"

"I'm sorry but I was unable to sleep because someone was up early, making a hell of a lot of noises," I explained. 

"What's going on?" she asked as another crash of buckets and footsteps came from the front door. 

I stared out the window and because I was able to see most of the farm, I noticed Eric walking across the field where we grew the crops. He poured the water over the plants and headed back to the house. So that was what he was doing. Trying to bring back life to the field. No wonder he was smirking that day I had told him about the situation of the field.