Remember Me [14]

- C H A P T E R  F O U R T E E N -  

A beam on sunlight continued to torture me as I struggled to sleep. I was having a dream about being in a land full of chocolate and all my other favourite things. I never wanted the dream to end but it was highly impossible to sleep with the curtains wide open, allowing the evil rays of the sun to reach my eyes.

I hid under the duvets but now my dream had disappeared and I was no longer in the sleeping mood so I decided to get out of bed. I stretched my arms and found my self back in my bedroom, on my comfy bed. The last thing I remembered was lying down on the grass outside with Eric and we were talking. Eric must have taken me to bed after I had fallen asleep out in the field. I smiled at the thought.

The first thing I noticed when I woke up was the awfully, delicious smell the wafted around the whole room. It was a mixture of toast, egg and bacon. I groaned and licked my lips at smell got stronger. Slowly, I followed the oily but mouth watering fragrance down the stairs and into the kitchen. Dad and Celeste stood by the stove and Eric was watching the toast, very carefully. Harry was no where to be seen but then again, he never was anywhere where he was needed for work, except from the farm.

Dad turned his head around and saw me standing and smiled. "Good morning, sweetheart," he said and grabbed to plates from the cupboards.

Celeste and Eric both turned around and smiled cheerfully at me. The greeted me the same way dad had.

"Good morning, everyone," I said, yawning. "I had to come see where this delicious smell was coming from."

Dad laughed. "I know we normally have cereal, but Eric suggested we tried this."

"It was a great idea, wasn't it?" Celeste said, flipping the egg on the pan. "I'm so getting better at this, Tom."

"Yes, you are," Dad said and patted her back. "I might have to crown you 'best egg flipper in the house'."

Celeste laughed. "I'd be honoured."

The toast popped up from the toaster and Eric quickly grabbed both of them, trying not to burn his hand. He placed them on one of the plate dad had brought out and placed in another two buttered breads in the toaster.

"Toast?" Eric asked and shoved one of the toasted breads near my face.

"Let me wash up, first," I said.

After I brushed my teeth, washed my face and changed my clothes, I headed back to the kitchen to see if everything had been ready to eat. Dad took the plates of food to the dining room and Celeste and Eric followed with two plates in their hands. Eric sniffed one of the plates and acted like it was the best thing he ever smelt in his life. I reached out my arms to grab the plate but Eric quickly rushed off so I ran after him.

We all sat by the dinning table. Harry next to me, Eric and Celeste opposite us and Dad on the side.

"Wow, guys, except from Harry," I said, taking the first bite. "This is great."

"Hey, I helped," Harry said, frowning.

"Actually, he did, Rose," Celeste said.

"He did?" I said, shocked. She nodded. "What'd he do?"

"He did nothing," she said.

"How did that help?" I asked, now confused.

"Well, the first time we had him help us..."

"He burnt all the toast and dropped most of the eggs on the floor," Eric finished off for her.

"Yup," Celeste said, taking another bite. "So him doing nothing really helped us. A lot."