Remember Me [19]

(NOT EDITED. Here it is. The next chapter.  I would strongly recommend you to read the other chapters before hand otherwise you will have no idea what is going on. You'll be all confused.com :D. I will admit that the chapter is poorly written so forgive me but in the rewritten version. It will be better. :D)

Rose

Three weeks had pasted since the incidence. The guy who'd been shot was known to be Seth and the guy who shot him was Rafael. Seth was still in hospital, recovering. I would visit him twice or week and check if he's getting better. He told me what Rafael had told me even when I hadn't asked. He told me about how Eric needed money, but why, he didn't say. He said it wasn't is story to tell. 

As for Eric...he was gone. Nobody in my family talked about him and Seth didn't mention him anymore. He knew that none of us wanted to hear about that backstabbing, cheater, liar, thief, thug ever again. Celeste had been comforting me ever since Eric had gone and at some nights, I'd cry. I can't believe I let my heart be taken away by him and then all he did was break if as if it were glass. But i'm trying to forget him. He's not worth it. Well, that's what Celeste had told me. Harry was at rage. He said if he'd ever see Eric again, all there would be left is a dead body decomposed in a grave. 

I went back to my usual routine that I had before Eric had arrived. But everything felt empty and sad. I know that dad was in pain the most because he'd thought Eric to be the guy to finally bring some light to my life. But all Eric brought was darkness. 

The days felt gloomy and the sun didn't seem that bright anymore. The clouds had started kicking in and the cool breeze was now cold and the blue skies had drowned in the darkness of the grey clouds. 

I sat in the living room, watching Judge Judy as usual. Even that seemed to bore me. I changed the channel to cartoons. The title song of Spongebob appeared and without me noticing, I began to hum with the tune. 

I was interrupted by a constant knocking on the door. Who could it be at this time? Okay, it was only seven but that's pretty late to me. Since dad was fast asleep after a long day of working, Celeste was out with Marco and Harry wasn't the guy to be opening doors, I pushed myself up and opened the door with no energy at all. 

The first thing I felt was a smack on my face from the wind. I almost thought it was the lady standing in front of me that slapped me. That's how hard the wind was.

"The woman was thin and around my height. She looked like she was tanned and had big brown eyes. Her highlighted brown hair was tied in a pony tail and she looked like she was fully of worry. She was holding onto a wheelchair, where a little girl was sitting. She looked as if she was ten. Her eyes were red and swollen and her face was pale. She was wearing a big black coat and a grey long skirt. Her hair was covered by a purple woolly hat and her hands were dressed in a matching pair of gloves. From the looks of it, she looked like she was crying. 

"Um... hi?" I greeted.

"Hello, I'm Jan," the woman said. 

"I'm Emily," the little girl said. 

Wait, did she say Emily? Emily as in Eric's girlfriend? Wasn't she a bit young? What was I saying? Eric made that up and now coincidentally an Emily pops up. 

"Do you know where Eric is?" Emily asked before I could introduce myself. 

"Eric?" I said, confused. So that was his girlfriend?

"Yeah," she said, her eyes widening with joy. "You're Rose right?" she asked and I nodded. "Thank God. I'd hug you if I could get up. But anyway, you know where he is right?"