Remember Me [18]

A/N: Other chap was very short and that's probably how the chapters are going to be like but i'm going ot try upating more often. And I'm sooo sorry that the next chapters are sooo crap and rubbish. I'm not feeling the story. I'm trying to write this but it's hard. Sorrrrrry!! It's not edited so forigve me and I know that when you're reading this chap, you'll be like, wow this was fast. I did Eric's POV as well but its in the middle of the chapter which I knew people hate. I was going to do it in a seperate one but... I don't know. When I rewrite, I will defiantly not be switching POV in the middle of chapter. This is a one time . 

   * * * * * * *    * * * * * * *    * * * * * * *    * * * * * * *    * * * * * * *    * * * * * * * 

"I have to go," I finally said after the awkward staring. 

I pulled back my hand and walked out the room. I didn't know what my head was going through and I wasn't sure what to do next. I needed to just get out and get some fresh air. Maybe that would help me refresh my mind and perhaps allow me to forget what just happened. I was a little in shock now that I knew that Eric had feelings for me and that he knew I had feelings for him as well. It all felt weird like it did with Daniel. It felt scary and uneasy. I couldn't risk be broken again. 

I went out to the stables and went to find my horse, Sunset just staring at the other horse Twilight. Love was a funny thing. I stroked his soft hair and decided that I'd go for a ride. It was something that I hand't done in a while. Nowadays, Celeste would ride her instead or Harry would pitch in if he's really bored. 

After tacking up, I decided to go a little further away from my house as usual and just feel relaxed. Thinking of Eric made me more nervous and strange. I raced out to the green fields are let the cool summer breeze run with me and enjoy the ride. The sun was shining as usual and the sky was just blue. No clouds, no nothing. Just blue. 

* * *

I finished riding  Sunset after almost an hour and felt like she needed a break. I jumped off her and gave her a comforting pat on the back and fed her an apple from the bag full of apples that dad must have left in the morning in the horse stable. I led her back to where she was supposed to be but just as I walked out, a unfimilar looking man stopped me. He pushed me back, making me trip and fall onto my back and held out a gun and pointed it towards my head. 

"Where is he?" the man asked. 

He was almost six foot. He had a deep scar of his bottom lip and his grey eyes were vicious and looked as if he could murder me in an instant second. He was dressed in a casual black leather jacket, dark blue jeans and his hair was short, liked it had started growing again after a clean shave.

I was shivering now and wasn't sure what to say. All of this just happened to quickly. 

"W-who?" I asked, quietly. 

"Eric," he answered. 

"I-I don't know," I replied, slightly sliding backwards as I tried to get away from him. 

"Tell me now, or I'll shoot you," he said with his demanding voice. 

"You said you wern't going to hurt anybody," said another voice that I didn't recognise. It was more innocent and shaky. 

"Quiet," the man shouted. 

From behind him, another man stepped out. He was younger looking than this guy and his eyes gave me a apologetic look. He was tall, but not as tall as the man with the gun. He had light brown hair and his eyes were hazel with a bit of purple near the pupil. 

"Five seconds," the man said. "Five..." 

Before he could count to four, I kicked him where it hurts and ran. But then, a bullet had been fired.

I was panting madly and wasn't sure if it had hit me. Shit, I think i've been shot. But then why was the guy in front of me falling backwards. Oh my God, he was the one that got shot. A bullet had inserted right through his stomach. At this moment all the horses were neighing loudly and the man raised the gun again and this time pointed it at me. I could neither scream for help because of the shock and neither was I able to move.

"This love that you two have created is all fake my dear," he said. "Eric had never lost his memory. I knew he was a bad actor but though i'd risk it. He's on our side but I guess with you around he's forgotten who he's really working for. Eric's been sent to steal from you. Your dad may act like you have no money but it's all in your house somewhere and that day Eric ran away, that money was coming to us. But he couldn't betray his girlfriend. Could he now? Now he's going to pay." 

I just stared at him. Was what he was saying true? No wonder Eric's always so suspicious. All this time, he's been part of some sort of gang that's trying to steal from us. This was my fault. If I hadn't decided that he should live with us then we wouldn't be in this mess. What kind of idiot picks up a man that looks half beaten up? 

The man sighed. "He couldn't even kill your dad. He's such a failure." 

Eric broke my trust. And worst of all, he broke me. Just when I thought I finally liked someone that might be decent... Thank you. You must really be laughing now. 

"Run," the guy on the floor said. "He'll kill you." 

The man was about to shoot the guy on the floor but I stopped him. "Stop!" I shouted. "I'll tell you," I said. "Attic, upstairs in the house." 

He smirked and walked towards the exit of the barn. He put his hand on my face and whispered, "next time, i'd prefer quick answers." 

His words made me shudder. Next time? He's coming again? My heart beat increased and all I wanted to do was cry. But before that, I needed to get his guy to hospital. He saved me and he needed help. I pulled out my phone from my pocked and dialled in the ambulance's number.  

* * *

Eric

I was staring out the window. Rose will hate me when she finds out. But I could never tell her. It'd break her heart. I just needed to get away from here. The more I stay, the more trouble I bring. One way or another Rose's family will be in trouble and their lives will always be at the edge on the mountain. 

If you love her, let her go. The voice in my head told me and it was right. I did love her and doing this to her was all wrong. I had to run away. That would be the best option. If I'd never met her, this job would have been easy. 

The door suddenly swung open and my eyes widen with surprise when I see someone who I wasn't really expecting. Rafael. Shit, shit,shit. He was going to kill me with Rose's whole family. Wait, Rose? So that noise like a gunshot was a gunshot and not like any of the animals farting or Harry playing pranks of me. Is Rose okay? 

He pointed the gun at me and grabbed me by the neck. "We're going to the house." 

I gulped. The house was where he took all the guys who failed to do what he asked. "The house?" I swallowed. 

"No, we;re going to find your fairy godmother and magic you a suit so you can go to the ball with Cinderella." 

"Really?" I asked, stupidly. 

"Shut up, Eric. Your deathbed is right around the corner and you don't even take that seriously. You little shit," he swore. 

He yanked me out of the room, and threw me down the stairs. Painful wasn't even the word. Harry came out of his bedroom and saw me lying on the ground. 

"Who do you think you are?" he asked. "What are you doing? Why in you in my house?" 

"I'm taking back my men. Eric wasn't very good with stealing and killing but he's good at betraying. Your sister will tell you. Now back off or you'll end up like him," Rafael threathened. 

Harry looked at me, his eyes saying 'is this true?' All I could do was look away with guilt. If Harry had the gun at this moment. I'm pretty sure he'd shoot me. He slammed the door after going back in his room.

Then he stepped over me and pulled me by my leg all the way outside to his stolen car. It was a black Mercedes. After literally throwing my in as if I was some toy going into a bin, he shut the doors on my fingers and began driving. I cried with pain and opened the door with my other hand . The door crashed onto a lamppost and broke just like that. Steam was coming out of his ears now. There was no way I was going to be saved today.