Remember Me [12]

- C H A P T E R  T W E L V E - 

When the sun had finally disappeared, Eric and I prepared to head back home.

In a way, I was glad Eric had taken me here because now, I wasn't as afraid of the boats as before. I also really took Eric's words in and decided to smile more often and show mum that I can be happy but I will always be missing her. The guilt was still there but Eric said it'd go away as soon as I started to believe that it wasn't my fault.

Other than the boat crash, I had a good time. Eric had made the boat trip worth going; the flowers, just talking and watching the sunset with me for half an hour. Every time I remembered about Eric's sweetness, I couldn't help but to put on a smile. It's almost as if he understands me like no one ever does. Sometimes, he might be clumsy or stupid but then times like today, he can be sweet, caring and understanding.

I wish I knew who he really was. The memory loss must be really annoying and painful for him as he can't recall anything about his family and friends. I wonder how he even ended up in the farm and why he had a messed up face. I knew that these questions weren't going to be answered anytime sooner so I decided to change my thoughts.

Eric and I had just talked for the last half hour about things we saw in the sky, what type of fishes were swimming by and how I had a cut on my left leg, just below the knee. I managed to cover it up by tearing up my previous clothes and wrapped it around the wound. It wasn't too deep but it did hurt a little when I walked.  

I made Eric promise not to mention anything to Harry and especially dad. I knew dad would start panicking and kick Eric out of the house before I was able to blink twice but knowing that Eric didn't have a clue about mum's death, he would probably let it go but the fear of me almost dying would always be there with him.. And I don't want that. Dad had never set foot in this place since mum had passed away and he always had been quiet about her death. When I asked him why he didn't let me see her after her death, he would ignore me or change the subject which always had me suspicious.

The sky slowly changed into a navy blue sort of colour but the darkness of the sky had lightened up when the twinkling stars popped out one by one, illuminating the atmosphere. Although I have seen this over a million times, my smile would never fail to appear. For some reason, just looking at them sparkle like diamonds made me happy and never lose hope.

As we evicted 'Lakeside Park,' we stopped my a hotdog stand and with the remaining money we had from the kind lady, Susan Wesley, we bought two buns. I ordered for extra ketchup whereas Eric demanded for more mustard. Grabbing two pieces of tissues each with our empty hand, we tucked it in out pockets and began to walk.

The fragrance of the hotdog was wafting around, making my mouth water so I quickly dug my teeth into the bun and chewed. Eric glanced at me and began to laugh. I looked at him with a puzzled expression.

"And I thought I was a pig," he chuckled as he took a bite of his hotdog.

"What?" I said, impatiently, wanting to know what was so funny.

"Nothing," he smirked.

"Tell me," I begged. "Tell me!"

"Seriously, it's nothing," he repeated. "You...eat faster than me."

"That's not why you were laughing."

"It was."

"Really? How do I-" Before I was able to finish my sentence, my shoulder collided with a young man.

He had black fair hair, his skin was tanned and he was wearing a pair of mysterious black shades. I noticed that on his top, there was a picture of a man with a gun and a speech bubble that said 'Not everyone's who they seem.' The man stopped and turned to my direction, though I wasn't sure whether he was looking at me or at Eric.