Remember Me [5]

- C H A P T E R  F I V E - 

"I think she's dead," said a voice.

"Don't be stupid Eric," another voice said. "She's just sleeping."

"Well she looks dead," Eric said.

I struggled to open my eyes but there was a force keeping them shut. I wanted to laugh at their conversation but even that was too painful for me at the moment. My arms felt a little stronger but my legs still hurt. Just remembering the fall made my body more painful but it made me even more angrier. Because of him I was unable to move properly and my body was aching in agony.

"Harry, look at her," Eric said. "She is defiantly dead. This is too emotional. Where are you going to bury-"

There was a sound of a slap. "Eric, she is alive!"

"Okay," Eric moaned. "You didn't have to hit me on my head."

"Sorry," Harry laughed. "And stop flashing that torch in her eye."

So that was why I couldn't open my eye. Eric was flashing the light into my eyes, typical him. As I felt that bright light being removed from eyelids, I slowly began to open it. The first thing I noticed was two heads zoomed up to my face. But one was wearing a dark blue hat and black shades. I know it was summer but didn't he knew the sun was outside?

I found my self sleeping on a hospital bed. The white painted walls really brightened the room and the yellow sun shone through the small windows. Looking around, it was just a big empty, colourless room with only a bed and a couple of chairs lying around the bed.

"She's alive?" Eric said with a surprised tone. "I'm kidding." He said after Harry shot him a look.

"He should have been the one that fell of the horse," Harry laughed and rolled his eyes. "How you feeling?"

I yawned and smiled. "Good."

"That's my little sister," he said. "Oh and dads coming, he's just talking to the doctors."

I nodded my head and smiled.

"Are you sure your fine? You seem to be smiling a lot," Eric teased.

"You are so annoying," I said, laughing.

"I'm joking," he laughed.

"Why are you wearing a hat and glasses?" I asked Eric.

"I might as well keep it on since when I go again I'll have to take it off. Saves time," he explained.

"Right," I said, slowly. "Um...where's...you know?"

"He's outside," Harry explained. "I told him to stay out there because I thought you wouldn't want to see him."

"Thanks," I said. Although I was mad at Jay, I didn't want him to get in trouble because it was an accident and he didn't mean for any harm to happen to me. "He's not in trouble or-"

"No," Eric quickly said. "I told them you fell of the horse while racing."

"Oh," I said, quietly, a little relieved. But I didn't understand why Eric was covering from him. Thet technically hated each other. As much as I wanted to ask him, I didn't because I felt as if I shouldn't bring up the subject now.

My thoughts were interrupted when the door opened and dad walked in, smiling happily. He looked relaxed after seeing me awake. I smiled cheerfully at him and he stood next to me and placed his hand on my head.

"Rose," he said quietly. "How are you feeling?"

"Great dad," I replied.

"I've been so worried when I heard what had happened to you," he said.