Remember Me [17]

SO MANY MISTAKES - JUST IGNORE THEM

A week passed by very quickly. 

I was back to working on the farm as normal. Eric went to see Emily twice this week and he still hadn't introduced me to her. I was beginning to think whether she was real or not. Had he just made her up just so he could win the bet? Wait, he spoke to her on the phone so I'm guessing she was real. Although he called her, she never seemed to call him back. I would love to at least talk to her or something. If she really is his girlfriend from before he had had lost his memory, then perhaps she would know everything about him. Would she take him back home? He's been with us for three weeks now and I don't know how long it will take for his memory to return but this 'Emily' might be able to help him by showing him his family or his house. 

I got dressed into some clean clothes. A plain black t-shirt, skinny maroon jeans and black ankle boots was all I wore. I would wear a jumper or cardigan but it was just too warm outside. I combed my hair and tied it into a messy bun and put on a pair or dark sunglasses to protect my eyes from the sunlight.

I went upstairs to the attic and knocked on Eric's door. I waited patiently, but after a minute or so, nobody replied. I knocked again and then thought, "hey this is my house" and walked inside. I found Eric snoring into his pillow and sleeping in the most weirdest style ever. He was sleeping on his chest, but not like some normal person would. His pillow had somehow transported to the other end of the bed, his chest was resting on the pillow (where his head was meant to be), one leg was spread out like a starfish and the other was hanging off the bed. His head was bending down and I just kept on wondering how on earth did he find that comfortable. 

I quietly walked over towards him and laid down on the floor on my back. My head was right under Eric's face. I put on a silly face and then tickled his neck. He didn't wake up. I pushed his arms and they began to swing side to side like vines in a jungle. I laughed. Maybe a bit to loudly. 

One of his eyes slightly opened and he stared at me with his tired eyes. "Aaah!" he screamed in a high pitched voice. I swear, it sounded exactly like a girls scream. 

He jolted up and then after fighting with his duvet and trying to untangled himself from it, he crash landed on the ground. I burst into laughter and sat up. As for him, he was still on the floor, rubbing his back and moaning. 

"What are you doing?" he asked. 

I stood up and reached out a hand to help him up. "Your snoring was breaking my ears, so I came to shut you up." 

He grabbed onto my hand and jumped up. He was only dressed in a pair of blue shorts. My eyebrows knitted together when I saw tiny little rainbows on them. Wow, can he get any manlier than this? 

"Loving the rainbows," I snorted. 

He looked down at him self and screamed again. He pushed a hand towards my face and attempted to cover my eyes but I pushed them away. He jumped on top of the bed and covered himself with the duvets, "Don't look, I'm naked!" he said, dramatically.

 "I've seen you without a shirt," I said.

"Yeah, but I'm not wearing trousers," he said, quietly.

"Aw, you're so cute," I smiled.

I looked at his eyes and instantly felt awkward. I wasn't sure why I had said that. I wasn't even sure whether I meant baby-kind-of-cute or cute-cute. I looked arounf the room, feeling uncomfortable. The silence wasn't making anything better either. 

When I turned to look at him again, I saw that he was grinning. "What?" I asked. 

"No, nothing," he shrugged, but the grin was still there. 

"No, tell me," I begged. 

"No, I can't," he said. 

"Oh, come on!" I pleaded, but he still said no. "Please," I tried again, stretching the word 'please' but all he did was shake his head.  "Tell me or I'll... jump out the window."

"I'd like to see that," he scoffed. 

"Fine," I said and walked over to the window. Anytime now, he'd be begging me to stop and then he'll reveal what ever he was going to say. 

I carried on walking, but he didn't say anything. When I reached the window and began to open it, I expected Eric to speak now, but still he remained silent. Why wasn't he stopping me? I lifted a leg and slightly stuck it out the window and then lifted the other leg. Oh god. I was now sitting on the edge of the window sill. 

I wasn't going to jump, but perhaps if I acted like I would, Eric would probably come stop me. "I'm doing it," I said with a smile, luckily he couldn't see the facial expressions I was making. "Tell the chickens that, they have permission to eat you alive." 

I leaned forward and suddenly two hands grabbed my waist and pulled me back and be both fell onto the ground. I was sitting on top of his stomach and he was crying for help. 

"Help me! The elephant is turning me into a pancake!" he cried. 

"Funny," I rolled my eyes. "Now speak or you'll be flatter than paper." 

"But-" 

"Say it," I said. 

"Fine," he said, finally giving up. "I was just going to say, I think you like me. My gentleman charms are working on you."

So this is what I almost killed myself to hear. 

"What?" I exclaimed. "No way.And I take that back, you are not cute. You're like those ugly green monsters that have cute little hands." 

"So I am cute," he said with a smug look. 

"No." 

"I can see it in your eyes." 

"Stop being silly." 

"I knew you couldn't resist." 

"No, I don't... no," I shook my head.

I stood up, feeling my cheeks going red and turned to walk out the room. Why did I care so much? If it wasn't true, then why did I bother arguing? 

You like him.

Shut up! 

Rosie-Posie's in love. 

Shut up me! 

My conscious was so annoying. More annoying than Eric. It always says stupid things. Does it even think before it speaks? Okay, what am I saying? I sound kind of crazy. 

Before I could walk away, Eric grabbed my hand. I stopped and turned to look at him. For the first time, I looked deeply into his eyes. The moment right now was like those stories where the girl looks into the guys eyes and falls in love. Could this be that moment. 

No! I had to snap out of it. But his eyes just kind of spoke to me. My heart was beating faster than the wings of a hummingbird and I felt my body stiffen with nerves. As much as I wanted to beat myself up and felt like spitting on me, I had to admit that... I failed at avoiding that stupid diaper-wearing-arrow-hitting baby. I was scared at feeling this feeling and wished it would never return but i'm guessing my wish was never strong enough. 

"I know you've fallen for me," he said. "Because, I think i've fallen for you too."