Remember Me [8]

- C H A P T E R  E I G H T - 

After I had a nice peaceful bath, I changed in a pair of light blue jeans, a short sleeved white top that read 'Forever' on the top and put on a shirt with the colours, hot pink, grey and black, leaving it unbuttoned as I normally did when the weather was warm. After combing my long blonde hair, I decided to blow dry it as I was too lazy to wait for it to dry up on its own. Turning it on, I watched my hair fly around as the warm air blew onto my head and listened to the loud noise it made when it was on.

A hand tapped my shoulder and I jumped up with fright, dropping the blow drying onto the floor. I turned around and Celeste smiled at me. Her hair was now dry and she had it tied up into a messy bun.

"I scared you, didn't I?" She laughed. 

"Well, yeah you did," I said, picking the blow dryer from the floor and turned it off so I could hear her properly. 

"Sorry," she laughed. "I did knock and called you name but you didn't answer." 

"Did you? I didn't hear," I said. The hair dryer is really loud. "Sorry about that." 

"It's okay," she nodded. "I just came in here to tell you that I got a hot date," she squealed. 

"No way," I said, not to shocked because I knew she would find a guy soon. "When was this?" 

"Well... When I was on holiday, I met this Italian guy," she explained. I was just about to open my mouth to ask whether he had the accent but she answered it like she read my mind. "No, he doesn't have an Italian accent," she smiled. "But anyway, he just happened to be mum and dad’s next door neighbour," she said, trying not to squeal.

"Wow, that's awesome," I said.

"I know right," she chirped. "We've only known each other for almost a month and a week but I feel like I really know him and that he's the one." 

"Good for you, Ce," I patted her back and smiled. "If he breaks your heart, you know who to call." 

"911?"

I gave her a blank look. "Me." 

She laughed again. "Oh yeah." 

"What's his name?" I asked, suddenly remembering what was important.

"Marco De Santis," she told me. 

"Marco? Nice," I grinned and quickly glanced at the clock on my wall. "Hey, aren't you getting ready?" 

"Crap, you're right. Time is ticking," she said. "What should I wear now?" she frowned, staring at her suitcase which was stood on the corner of my room.

"Come on," I told her and dragged her to her bag. 

"Wait," she said, stopping me. "What about the horrible bump on my head?" 

"We'll just cover it up with a ton of foundation and your fringe," I explained. "But, seriously, if he really likes you then he won't care about that stupid thing on your head." 

"You're right," she said, smiling. "Thanks." 

"For what? Cheering you up again?" I said. "Isn't that what best friends do?" 

She laughed. "I guess you're right," she smiled. 

"Now let's get you ready for the date," I told her.

*  *  *

I stared at her and she looked awesome. Not to formal or informal but she was just right. I didn't want to dress her up in a golden tiara and a sparkling, red dress because that would be way too much for the first date. She was dressed in a bright red sleeveless top tucked into her cute floral skirt and a skinny white belt over it to finish the look. Since she didn't want to wear any heels, I let her borrow my white flat dolly shoes, which had a big white bow on it. Her hair was neatly curled a little and I didn't go overboard with the makeup. Just a bit of mascara, eyeliner and lipstick. She didn't really need foundation as her skin was always perfect