Writers Block: Tips on Getting Inspired Again

Writers block is when your inspiration runs dry and just you just can't think of what to write.

Here's 7 tips to help you overcome writers block and get inspired again:

1) Just don't write: don't just stare at a screen, willing the writing to happen. Take a break (just go outside or take a walk). It could be needed (and taking in your surroundings aid's the description of scenes). There's nothing wrong with leaving your story alone for a while.

2) Write anyway. Even if you don't like what you produce, you can edit it later. Even if you write a good sentence or phrase you could use else ware- it's still useful.

3) Read what you've written so far. Even if you've only written one or two chapters, read through it all. It will most likely get you re-inspired.

4) Have too many chapters you're not happy with? Going back and fully re-editing these chapters of your story that you don't think turned out so great could help.

5) Go back to your initial inspiration for writing that story. An image that looks like a character, object or scene, resemble a characters personality traits or the mood of a chapter. A poem you wrote, a physical place or film. It'll help you to visualise your story again.

6) Writing a little fact file about your characters. I used to use avatar creator apps to have a physical representation of my characters . In your character fact file, you should list traits, motivations Etc. Take a look at my chapter on Character Design and Traits. If your character/s have started feeling alien to you, this could help to humaise them again.

7) Read a professionally written book. For me its like brain fuel for writing. As a writer, reading professional books is so valuable. Reading keeps your imagination going with ideas.

Do you struggle with Writers Block and Lacking Inspiration?