Title

Effective titles should draw a reader in.

Short, simplistic titles tend to be more effective and memorable to readers and work well in terms of front cover design.

Particularly one word titles work well.

Especially if they give some sort of hook leading to intrigue.

Don't make what happens in the book obvious in the title.

Instead, use a word or phrase that indicates unrest or conflict.

Definitely take time to thinking over title choice.

You could choose a title after you've written the story (or part of it), as you don't need to publish it on Wattpad straight away.

I read a book a while ago called 'Sugarcoated', with 'Sugarcoated' being one of the last chapter titles, which was quite a nice link.

Alliteration works well in titles too.

It's when the first letter of two or more neighboring words are the same.

For example, a title like ' Poems for Pressed Flowers' or 'Adamant Adeline'.

You can also use alliteration in your writing to give your style a poetic, rhythmic feel.

Even though I prefer using simple, short, snappy titles for my own stories, longer titles can still can have a good effect.

They can create more of a casual, conversational and humorous tone, contrasting with the mystery and intrigue triggered by a short title.