//14//I Don't Deserve You

*****ewww yup that's me looking hella ugly like usual :) I'm running out of pics so yeah. That's me. I might post a better looking pic l8r, I almost look as trash as my writing ;)******

Philip's POV
I felt awful. I felt disgusted with myself. When Theo finally woke up the first time, I was relieved, but in the pit of my stomach was fear.

What if she never wanted to talk to me again?

"Ow."

I didn't know how to respond. She just fell. During a storm. And was knocked unconscious.

Why didn't I take her to the hospital?

She looks better now, and the bruises aren't as rich in color as they were before.

After she threw up, I took off the gross smelling sheets and put them in a plastic bag. I had to wash them soon.

"Holy..." I said, fighting the urge to throw up, just like Theo just did.

I heard Theo say something quietly, but when I asked her to repeat herself, she was asleep again.

She looked so peaceful sleeping. Her lips naturally curled up to a small smile, and she seemed okay.

My thinking was interrupted when another crack of thunder could be heard. I tried breathing slowly, but I couldn't. My breath was hitched and I couldn't move.

It's just thunder. You'll be fine. Nothing to worry about.

I tried to focus on Theodosia instead of the storm. I thought about her dark chocolate eyes that sparkled with hazel flecks.

I thought about how warm her hugs were and how sweet her kisses are. I thought about how brilliant she was, always surprising me with her smarts.

I must've been thinking about her so hard, that I didn't even realize when she woke up.

"Philly? Is the storm gone?" She whispered, her voice filled with fear.

I turn around hastily, making her jump a little.

"Sorry. No, the storm isn't over but you're going to be fine. We're gonna be fine," I say reassuringly.

"But it-it's scary and I don't want-"

"Shh... you'll be fine. Count with me."

"Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf," we said at the same time.

We repeated the numbers backward and we did this back and forth until I didn't hear the thunder anymore.

"Are you better now? I think the storm is coming to an end. Do you want me to take me to your dorm?"

Before she could answer, Martin Van Buren busted in the small dorm.

"Why the fuck does it smell like shit in here?" Martin spits out those words, his voice laced with alcohol.

"Language! Theodosia threw up," I said, gesturing to Theo with my hand.

Martin looks at Theodosia up and down, and it doesn't seem like she even notices. I forgot that Theo only had a bra and undies on.

She was still counting in French.

"She doesn't look that bad. Let me test her out..." Martin says with a smirk, pushing Philip to the side.

"She's my girlfriend, leave her the fuck alone!" Philip yells.

Martin is a lot bigger than me, but I still try to swing. He catches my arm and gets closer to Theo.

Theo looks up then. She looks straight at Martin, and sticks up her middle finger.

"You better stay away from me! 'Let me test her out'? Really? Like I would actually let you. You disgust me. Philip told you to leave me alone, and you're over here trying to advance on me. I understand that you're drunk, but that's unacceptable. Do you think you can treat women like that? Like you're little toy?? Hell no, you can't. Now, I've been through a lot today and I'm really not in the mood to kick your ugly ass. You got that? Great. I'm going home."

She put her shirt and jeans back on, wincing slightly as her jeans go over her knees. She slips her boots on and is about to walk out of the door.

Neither of us had said anything while she was getting dressed, or after her speech.

"Bye, Philip. I'll see you later. But you," she said, pointing at Martin,"you need to fuck off."

Wow.

Theodosia's POV
That Martin Van Buren is such an ass. He tried to advance on me. The nerve of him.

After I said that to Martin, they were silent. I wasn't sure what was in Philip's eyes. Awe?

I didn't know, but I knew that I had to leave. I felt bad that I left Philip with all of those sheets, but I just needed to go back to my dorm and sort out all of the things that just happened.

Unfortunately for me, Ann was in my dorm. She was already asleep though, so it wasn't that bad.

Putting my clothes back on sort of hurt. I felt the tender areas of my skin that were bruised and I grimaced. I got up to get some ice from the mini fridge. I looked over at the clock.

1:37 am.

Great. How long was I asleep the second time? I'm still tired though. I'll try to sleep again.

My head keeps pounding and I kept squirming in bed. I try focusing on how many tiles were on the floor or how many times I could close my eyes. Those usually put me asleep.

But I couldn't. I was thinking about what happened outside.

I remember Philip saying my name frantically, and I guess that that's when I passed out. I'm relieved that he didn't take me to the hospital. I hated hospitals.

But Philip stayed there with me. Even though our date ended around 10 pm, he stayed with me until I was ready to leave. He didn't look like he rested. I felt bad.

I made my boyfriend stay up while I was asleep, only to wait for me to throw up over his sheets.

I don't deserve him. I don't deserve you, Philip.

••••••••••••
Filler chapter, ew Martin van Buren is gross in this book. He was a u.s. president born in 1782 so yaa,, sort of bad chapter, srry