Chapter 25

" What do you think this means? " Liam asked.

" He could be trying to get into her head... Our heads maybe " Alexander replied

" But what if he really is working with Briggs.... What if Briggs already made it up north while we were at our parents? "

" It is possible. We found some weird tracks alongside the borders but we couldn't tell if it was a rogue or not. " Jaxon replied.

" Is the boy even a wolf? I have yet to see him around the pack house " Liam said.

" He is a wolf. A very disrespectful one at that. Kitten and I actually had a small encounter with him at the mall when she had just arrived. " Alexander mentioned. Everyone was in his office trying to put the clues of Alpha Briggs together. Charlie, Ava and I both sat on one couch observing as all of the guys put their ideas together.

" I also had an encounter with him and a few of his friends when I took the girls shopping. Do you think they could be apart of this as well? " Nate questioned.

" That is also a possibility..... " Alexander paused for a second as a thought went through his mind.

" Liam, did your warriors capture any of the rogues that came by? " Liam thought about it for a second.

" I'm pretty sure they captured some and a few are in the cells why? "

" Did we find out yet who sent them? "

" No we haven't yet. They refuse to speak their leader. Where are you getting at with all this? " Nate asked. Alexander stood still and stared at the window.

" North, scent, rogues " He whispered as he continued to repeat them in the same pattern. And as if something clicked he came out of his trance and looked over to Liam.

" Lead me to their cells. I'll explain on the way. Everyone follow us except you three " He said pointing to the three of us on the couch. We sighed as they all left the room. Ava stood up and walked to the door.

" Well if you two will excuse me I need to make a call to one of Poseidon's daughters. Their dad owes me a lot of money " She said walking out. We both stood up and walked to the door.

" Yeah I think I'm gonna go take a nap. You'll be ok Ren? " Charlie asked and I nodded my head. We both waved good-bye as we walked to our separate rooms. When I entered the room I took a seat on the bed. Once I did my chest started to become heavy and tears came to my eyes.

Nobody understands me when I say this is all my fault. If Alpha Briggs just killed me when I first shifted we wouldn't be in this problem with wolves dieing for no particular reason. I laid back on the bed and looked up at the ceiling as I got lost in my own thoughts.

Alexander's POV

We made our way out of the pack house and Jaxon spoke.

" Ok what does all of this mean? Why are we heading to the cells? "

" If you think about it.. We haven't been able to get a real lead on Briggs. All that we know is that he was heading North. The rogues who attacked won't give us the name of their leader. What if he wanted us to look for him.. What if he went around in circles somewhere and used rogues to cover up his scent when they moved up north. The attack on the pack could have just been a distraction. "

" So what exactly are you saying right now? " Nate asked as they all looked at me wide eyed.

" Briggs was ready. He's always been ready. When his pack members attacked us early on he fled his pack and either took some pack members and made them go rogue or he could've found a large group of them and became their new leader. So as we moved south to attack his pack he might've sent a bunch of rogues to come north to strike and kept a small group with him. "