Chapter 14- 1,373 Miles

Annie's POV: 

I woke up this morning in a horrible mood. Hayden was leaving today and I was not happy about it. I woke up at 8 and so did Hayden. We sat in his room laughing and enjoying time with each other. We were acting like we were never seeing each other again but it was only 2 weeks. "I should probably finish packing" he said. Happiness left me. I sat silently watching Hayden as he finished packing. "Hayden lets go" yelled his mom. He gave me a sad smile. We walked together to the front door. A couple of steps before we got to the front door he turned to me and grabbed both of my hands. "I will miss you" he said. "I'll miss you too" I replied. "When you get to Maryland, we will only be 1,373 miles away. I counted." I smiled. "Why is this so dramatic. It's only two weeks" I asked. "I don't know but I love you" he said. I jumped onto him and gave him a hug. A single tear ran down my face. "I love you too" I said. Hayden grabbed his bag and rolled it outside. I joined the rest of my family outside on the deck. "Remember to lock it up" yelled Mr. Jimmy. "We will" yelled my dad. Just before Hayden got in the car, he blew me a kiss. I pretended to grab it. He jumped in the car and in a blink of an eye, they were gone. 

The rest of the day was a blur. I was extremely sad. And sat in bed watching YouTube all day. Around 8pm the doorbell rang. I ignored it. It rang again. "Why isn't anyone grabbing it" I yelled. "Your father is editing and I'm washing the dishes" yelled my mom. I got to the door and opened it. I look up and see Katie with a huge smile on her face. I screamed. "I thought you were coming tomorrow" I said. "Nope. We wanted to surprise you so we told you the wrong date. Hayley, Mommy, and Daddy were all behind me and Mommy was holding the camera. "You all knew about this" I asked. They nodded. I gave Katie the biggest hug ever. "I missed you" I said. "I did too" she said. 

The rest of the night Katie and I sat in bed(it was actually Hayden's since I was sleeping in his room) and talked about stuff. She asked me about Hayden and I and I asked her about all the funny stuff in the gym. It was around 11 when I got a text. I pulled my phone from my pocket. It was from Liv. Why is she texting me. I was banned from seeing her and being friends with her. "Whose it from" asked Katie. "Olivia" I said. "Like the Olivia you were banned from seeing and being friends with" she asked. "Ya that one" I said still lost in my phone. "What did she say" asked Katie. "To meet her at Forever 21 at 8pm tomorrow. It also came with an exact location. She also said its nothing bad she just wants to sort things out." "Well are we going or not " she asked. "Of course we are going" I replied. "How are we going to get there without your dad knowing" questioned Katie. "We go to dinner around there and say we are getting ice cream and want to buy stuff at Forever 21 and sneak there" I replied. "All of this without the parents with us correct?" "Yes" I replied. "Luckily it is right by my favorite steak dinner place so you can say you want steak and we can go there" I said. "You do want steak for your dinner, right" I asked her. "Ya!" She replied. "I love steak." 

________________________

Sorry the beginning was so dramatic. I didn't know how else to have this play out. I already have the ending in my mind but I don't want to end this story quite yet so there will be at least 6 more chapter before the ending. Besides, before the ending actually comes, the 2 weeks need to go by. And sorry for not posting a chapter the past 2 days. I was at an all day camp and was really tired and was too lazy to type a chapter.