Chapter 7- Dating Means Difficulties

Annie's POV: 

I slept until noon. My parents finally let me sleep. The day was pretty boring and filled with unpacking the boxes that came very early this morning. Hayley and I were informed were going to dinner with Hayden. I got really excited. Since we were meeting at 4 and it was already 2, I needed to go get ready. 

We got to dinner. Our table wasn't ready yet so Hayden and I sat on the ground talking. Once the parents went to check on the table, Hayden leaned over to me. "I forgot to mention this last night but do not tell Mackenzie about last night and about us because I'm still technically her boyfriend but I like you ten times better." "I would never tell her" I replied. Mr. Jimmy came back out calling Hayley, Hayden, and I to come inside. 

We ate our dinner. The parents told us we could go get ice cream. Hayley was sleeping so it was only Hayden and I. I was happy about that. Once we got out of the sight of the restaurant, Hayden grabbed my hand. I really liked it. I looked at him and smiled. He smiled back. "Where exactly are we going" I asked. "It's up there" he replied. We ordered our ice cream. I got vanilla and Hayden got mint chocolate chip. We sat on a nearby bench eating our ice cream and giggled about stuff. I pulled out my phone and decided to take a pic of us eating our ice cream. I see Mackenzie put stuff on her story. It was a pic of her in the fountain Hayden took me to one time. The next pic was her with tears down her face. The final pic was a picture of two people holding hands. I looked at it again not only was it in front of a store we passed, it was a picture of HAYDEN AND I with words on the bottom saying "when you see your boyfriend holding hands with another girl". "Pull up Kenzie's Snapchat" I told Hayden. "That is not good." "Did you see the pic" I asked. "Yes" he replied, "not only is it on her story, she snapped me personally saying meet me at Ben and Jerry's at 9." I looked at him. He had a scared look on his face which made me scared. It was 8:59. "We are at Ben and Jerry's already so we can't run now" I said. "I'm meeting her. It may get dirty so look away if you can't handle it." We sat on the bench until 9:03 when I heard her voice behind us. Hayden and I both turned around. "Well, well, well. Look who it is. How are ya, HANNIE." Mackenzie and the girls behind her laughed obnoxiously. Hayden stood up. Mackenzie stepped closer to him. "How could you do this to me! I loved you! You just trade me for her. I'm more famous than her" she said. "I don't care about that. She's sweet and kind and everything I want for a girl" screamed Hayden. I looked away. "We are done Hayden. DONE" Mackenzie yelled and then she punched him. Hayden fell to the floor. "Hayden!" I yelled. Mackenzie laughed and walked away. "Are you okay?" I asked. He was clutching his eye so I helped him up and led him to the bench.I gave him my cup with the ice cream in it and told him to put it over his eye. We sat there for a little. "Take the ice cream off."He removed it from his eye. It was really puffy and black and blue. I looked away. "Is it bad" he asked. "Just put the ice cream back on it" I said. "Let's start walking back." I guided him through the crowds of people. "We are going to have to tell the parents the complete story you know" I said. "Your going to have to speak" he said. It was a quiet walk back to the restaurant. Once we got there we got interrogated by the parents. Hayden's parents wanted to take him to the ER. I asked if I could go with and my parents  said sure since we were dating now. I was really glad they were okay with us being a thing although one time I did over hear my parents saying that they really did ship us. I was still happy. I comforted Hayden in the car. He wanted to start crying but his eye hurt too bad. The restaurant gave us some ice and let us keep the napkin we used to put the ice in. I felt really bad but I really couldn't help him in anyway. I decided to hold his free hand though and he kept squeezing it. He's so cute. 

____________________________

I didn't want this chapter to be extremely long so I ended it here. I have nothing against Mackenzie btw. I wanted to add some drama tho so this was the best way to do so. ☺️

Idk why but the title isn't changing. It should be chapter 7- Dating Means Difficulties