Chapter 4- A Warm Welcoming

Annie's POV:

The ride to the airport was miserable. The whole plane ride was miserable. The car ride to the house was miserable. So basically my life for a good 6 hours was miserable. Everything changed once we arrived at our house. It was so pretty. It is an actual house that is really close to downtown LA. My dad liked another house more but it was a good 45 minutes away from downtown. My mom didn't want to make that drive daily so we got one pretty close to everything. It basically seems that in Cali, you will be making long drives to places. The house is pretty old. The owners made some pretty interesting choices on wallpaper and the rugs along with the furniture that is still here.  Luckily it is easy to fix everything and the former owners of the house are coming back to get the remaining furniture we don't want(which is basically everything). Hayley and I picked our rooms, then went to explore everything else on our property. Our front yard is gated in so the dogs can run around. After exploring for a while, Mom and Dad told us that we are renovating most ceilings and other things. Since the trucks aren't coming until later, we have about 3 hours to kill. In this time we went shopping for food, got Chipotle, ran to a couple of clothing stores(these were presents for being so accepting with this change), and then to Starbucks. It was just at the 2 hour mark when we were about to leave Starbucks when my mom got a text. She whispered something to my dad and he turned to her whispered something back and then looked in the mirror back at Hayley and I. Something is going on. "We have to run to one more store" said my dad. "What is it?" Hayley asked. My parents stayed silent. 

We drove a little while and ended at a Best Buy. "What do we need now" asked Hayley. "You guys stay here. We will run in and get what we need." I eyed them really closely as they walked in. They both walked in to Best Buy. A couple seconds later my mom came walking out and walked to a store next door. It was some random store I never heard of. We sat in the car for a little bit. Hayley was on her phone while I hadn't picked up mine in a good hour. I soon saw Daddy walk out of Best Buy and wait by the enterence of the store Mommy went into. Mommy came out with a small bag and stuck it in the bigger bag Daddy had. I quickly picked up my phone to make it seem like I wasn't spying. "Ok" muffled my dad as he opened the car door. "Are we going back home now?" Asked Hayley. "Yes" replied my mom. Everyone sat silently on the way back home. No music, no talking, just looking out the window. 

We finally, after what felt like hours, got home. We parked in our spot on the street, since there is no garage, and got out. My dad unlocked the fence. We started our slow walk to the front door. My mom took out her key to the door. She unlocked it and slowly opened the door. We stepped in. "I'm hungry" moaned Hayley. She started walking to the kitchen. I decided to follow her. Mommy and Daddy walked behind us. As soon as we turned to face the dinner table people jumped out from everywhere. "Welcome Home!" My mouth dropped open. There were balloons, lots of food, a DJ, and our LA friends. Matt and Rebecca were there, Lexi, Jayden, Jojo, others and most importantly Hayden. He was the first to walk up to me. "Welcome home" he said and then gave me a hug. "Awww" said the rest. I started blushing. "Well let's get this party started" yelled Jojo. "But first lets move everything to the front yard. It's too crammed in here" said Daddy. Everyone screamed and headed to the door. The DJ's equipment was packed up already so it wasn't too hard for him. Jayden took the many balloons, Lexi grabbed 2 boxes of decorations, and Hayden grabbed my hand to lead me outside. "But wait" yelled Rebecca. "It needs to be a surprise, so go change and I will come and grab you guys when its set up." Everyone filed outside while Mommy, Daddy, Hayley, and I went to get ready. This was going to be a fun night. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the long wait on a new chapter. I did lots of research to find a perfect house to base this story off. I finally found one. So I hope you enjoyed this chapter!