Chapter 8- The ER

Annie's POV:

It was about 11pm when we got to the ER. We waited 20 minutes just for them to call us up for Hayden's information. Who has to come to the hospital at 11pm on a Tuesday night. It made no sense but it was only a couple of minutes before he got called into a room. The room was small. Hayden sat on the bed and there were 2 chairs. Mr. Jimmy sat in one and I sat in the other. Hayden's mom was outside calling Hayden's brothers. The nurse came in and gave Hayden more ice. They decided to take him back for an x-ray since his injury looked pretty bad. Hayden left and I decided to let Hayden's mom sit next to his dad so I sat on the bed. Hayden came back soon enough. I stood up against the wall to give Hayden the bed to himself since it was probably really uncomfortable. After waiting for a really long time the doctor came in. "I have good news and bad news" said the doctor. "His eye is just very badly bruised. Bad news is, it is going to take a while to go away." "Why will it take so long to recover if it is just a bruise" asked his mom. "I am very surprised his eye isn't fractured. You are lucky. It is as close as you can get without saying it is broken. Put ice on it for 15 minutes every hour. If it is feeling better at all you can skip an hour of ice but make sure to put it on the next hour" replied the doctor. "If it is not better in a month,  come back and we will look at it again." "Thank you doctor" said Mr. Jimmy. The doctor walked out. "I will guide Hayden, you guys hold the door and lead the way" said his dad. We made it to the car safely. "Annie? Do you want to stay with us tonight? Your parents said it was okay as long as you are fine with it. They would have to pick you up because we want to get him home." "Sure. It will make it easier on everyone" I replied. I turned to Hayden who had his eyes closed. I poked him motioning to lay on my shoulder. He nodded and placed his head on my shoulder. I felt him close his eyes again. I decided to rest my head on his head. When we got to their house I lifted my head. Hayden was sound asleep. His dad had to carry him inside like he was 5 again. It was really cute. His mom and I followed them inside. Hayden's mom pulled out an air mattress and placed it in the room connecting to Hayden's. Once his parents knew he was settled they came to me. "Thank you for taking good care of Hayden tonight. I know he appreciated it. He was just in too much pain to say it." I smiled and they left. I decided to check on him. I walked through the bathroom and to Hayden's room. His eyes were closed. I bent over and kissed him on the head. "Love you" I said. He smiled. I started walking out when Hayden mumbled something. "Annie? Will you stay with me?" "Of course" I replied. I dragged the air mattress into his room and next to the bed. "Goodnight Hayden." "Goodnight." And I fell asleep.

_______________

I am no doctor so plz don't judge😬. I had no idea what to write for the diagnosis so I just put what it did and hoped it made sense. Btw, I don't know Hayden's mom's name so if you know it plz comment it!!! I may give a shoutout or follow the person that does. I really need it!!!!