"How about Maria?"

Start from the beginning

Lauren held her wife closely and rested her lips to the woman's temple. "I'm right here, love." She looked down as her wife reached between her own legs. She felt her heart breaking seeing the blood. Lauren looked over to the dean and called him over, "Could you get everyone out of here, please? She doesn't need an audience for this." She said softly.

The older woman held her wife closely. "Please don't apologize, babe." Lauren listened as the Dean escorted all of the students out of the classroom. "I'm right here, love. Please don't apologize." She said trying to hold back her own tears.

Camila didn't try to hold in her sobs as she clung to her wife's shirt. She barely noticed the dean talking to the students as her body shook slightly. "I'm so sorry," she repeated over and over again as she pulled Lauren in closer to her. Camila felt her heart breaking with each further cramp that she felt.

Lauren knew that this had to be hard on her wife. She went through something similar to this with Austin before. She held the woman closely just trying her best to keep it together for Camila. They had just told the woman's parents about having a girl a few weeks prior. This was going to be hard on the both of them, but Camila more so. 

"Right in here," the two women heard the Dean say as he ushered the paramedics in the room. Camila didn't move as the paramedics came in to look at her. She stayed glued to Lauren, needing her wife's comfort as she tried to get through all of her emotions that were hitting her all at once.

Lauren stood up when the paramedics came. She went behind Camila and wrapped her arms around her wife so they could take care of her. "It's okay." Lauren whispered into Camila's ear. "I'll be here the whole time, love." She said softly.

Camila was forced to lift her head up as Lauren moved behind her. She did her best to answer the paramedic's questions before she let them help her stand up to sit on the gurney. 

Lauren kept her hands on Camila's shoulders as the paramedics looked at her. She was trying to keep it together. She kissed the top of her wife's head as she whispered to her softly, "It's going to be okay." She helped her wife get out of the chair and into the gurney. 

Camila laid down on her side and curled into herself as they pulled the blanket over her. "She's my wife." Camila whispered as she reached out for Lauren's hand.

"Are you coming with her?" The female paramedic asked Lauren in a soft voice. There was nothing either of the paramedics could really do besides transport Camila to the hospital. They both knew she was in the early stages of a miscarriage. Camila closed her eyes and gripped the blanket tightly as more cramps started to hit her as they wheeled her out into the hallway to take her to the elevator.

Lauren looked at Camila. "Do you want me to follow in the car or come in the ambulance?" She asked softly. She was leaving it up to her wife. "I can call Normani and ask her to get the car later." She said. Lauren knew what was happening, but she didn't know if her wife wanted her to leave her side at all.

Camila whimpered some as she nodded to Lauren. "Please come with me." She pleaded.

Lauren nodded her head and walked along side of the gurney as the paramedics pushed her. She held on to Camila's hand and tried to soothe the woman the best she could. She pushed aside all of the curious gazes from the students who were in the class or passing by. "I'm right here, baby." She said softly. 

The paramedics pushed Camila toward the elevator before loading her inside. She did her best to ignore the students that were watching her, understanding that it was normal for people to be curious as to what was going on. She sniffled some before gripping the blanket tightly and closed her eyes to try to think of happier thoughts and not the fact that she was losing their daughter. How would Lauren react to this?