"How about Maria?"

Camila turned back to her class after she finished writing something on the board for their assignment. "I have a project for you guys over your break. I know you'll all be with your families so I promise this won't take you days to complete. For most of you, it should only be about three or four hours worth." She heard them chatting amongst themselves some as she went to her bag to grab the handouts with the instructions for what she was looking for.

As Camila approached the table to hand them to the boy to start passing back to everybody, she felt a sharp pain in her stomach which caused her to groan some.

"You alright, Mrs. Jauregui?" The boy asked. Just as Camila went to tell him yes, she felt it again, this time it traveled around to her back. Something was definitely wrong. As one of her students grabbed her chair to bring it to her so she could sit down, she told one of them to grab her phone to text Lauren.

Lauren was sitting in her last class before Thanksgiving break. She drove to school with her wife that day because she had the day off work. She spent her time in the library and Camila's office doing work so she didn't have to do it over the break. She was sitting there listening to her professor and taking notes when she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. Lauren pulled it out and read the text message. She felt her heart drop to her stomach as she quickly packed her things and rushed out of the class. She would email her professor later to explain the situation...whatever it was. Lauren rushed up the stairs and down the hall into the classroom where Camila was teaching at. She quickly opened the door and saw her wife sitting in a chair surrounded by a couple of students.

"What happened?" Lauren rushed out as she set her stuff down and approached her wife.

Camila closed her eyes and took several deep breaths. It helped that she had two nursing students in her class. She listened to what they both instructed her to do to keep calm.

When she heard the door open, Camila breathed a sigh of relief when she heard her wife's voice. Camila reached out for Lauren's hand and found herself fighting off tears. She was terrified of what was going on. Camila rested her free hand on her stomach as she felt another cramp hit her.

"She started having cramps. Jacob is calling the paramedics and Susan ran down to the admin to let the dean know." One of the student's said, addressing Lauren's question because Camila was in too much pain to speak.

Lauren immediately rushed to her wife's side and got on her knee. She laced her fingers with Camila's before resting her hand on the woman's stomach. "It's going to be okay, babe." She said softly before moving her hand to the woman's neck, brushing it gently. "I love you. You're okay." She whispered softly and pulled Camila's head into her neck. Lauren ran her fingers through Camila's hair when one of the students came back with the Dean.

Camila leaned into Lauren some to try to keep herself calm. "I love you too." She whispered to her. She closed her eyes and let out shaky breaths as the cramping continued. 

The students that we left in the class watched on in worry, not sure what was happening to their professor. Both women watched as the student Lauren identified as Jacob came over, "The paramedics said they will be here in 5 minutes."

Lauren nodded and then looked at her wife. "It's okay, love."

It was just a few moments later that Camila felt a moisture between her legs and moving down her pant legs. Camila pressed her hand to the moisture and pulled it back to see it was blood. She broke down into tears at that point. She was smart enough to know what was happening. "I'm so sorry," she sobbed into her wife's neck, not even caring that she was losing it in front of all of her students and the Dean of the school.