Sex Toy

Anton

"You don't have to leave, you know," I told him as he sat on the couch staring at the switched off TV

"Anton, it's fine. You don't have to pretend. Everyone wants sex after a break-up. You're a good person"

This really confused me.

"What? What are you talking about?"

"I...I like-" He shook his head and didn't end his sentence. I still couldn't see his face.

"What?" I ask, curious and utterly lost.

He clenched his fists and got up to face me. "I like you, okay! I am attached to you! And I'm only telling you this because you seem less likely to slap me for being a little bitch who gains sentimental feelings towards you even though I know I'm just a sex toy!"

I stare at him in shock. "You don't care about me! You want to believe you're a good person that doesn't mindlessly fuck someone but that doesn't make you a bad person, Anton. Some people I've been with have thrown me around and then thrown me aside when they get bored and want a new toy and I still take a while to get over them! Others I've had what some would call a 'real relationship' with, but even those end miserably! People don't ever love me. And now that you know that I'm good as use for a sex toy you're going to throw all guilt aside because you're not the first person to treat me like shit and you won't be the last. So just...call me when you want sex. I'm going back to bed"

Shit. Damien.