The mission

Damien
I wake up to the sound of my phone buzzing and the dull but distracting pain of a hangover. I'm used to it by now.
I look at the text.
New Mission
Suspicious behaviour in Llyna, Bobala.
Workers: Damien Avila, Anton DaCaro.

Well at least it's just one person.

*Buzz*

What? Are you kidding?! Two months because of 'suspicious behaviour' and 'many claimed disturbances'

I sluggishly dragged myself out of bed and put on some clothes that don't reek of three different types of alcohol.

Anton
I've been lying in bed for hours now. Whenever I'm too distracted I can never actually sleep. I just lie in this state where I know I'm awake but my body rests. I still wake up feeling like a sack of asses.

I look at my phone. First they send you the brief text explaining what's going on.
Well at least it's just one other person and a guy too. I'm sick of girls for a while.

Then they expand on what's actually happening.
2 months. Wow. These must be some serious disturbances.

*

I was briefed on what was happening. This was a stake out mission. Basically we were going to take turns watching for anything suspicious. Pretty standard, boring stuff.

I open the door to apartment 29 with the key I'd been given and two things crossed my mind. 'The other guy's not here yet' and 'how is he going to fit'? The apartment was tiny. When you stepped through the door you were looking at two doors both belonging to bedrooms. Since I was here first I got to choose which one I wanted. I picked the one that seemed slightly larger.

There wasn't much space between the bedrooms and the front door. Just a living room area to the left, consisting of a two person couch and a decent sized TV, and a small kitchen to the right. Leaving the bedrooms there was a small corridor. On one end was a bathroom with barely enough room to fit the sink, the toilet and the shower cubicle it had. Down the other end of the corridor was a laundry room. Every apartment we get put up in needs to have one so we can wash blood from our clothes, if necessary, without being questioned.

After checking the place out I decided to see if I could get a little more sleep. Before I could step foot in my bedroom I hear the door open again.
I turned around to see what I assumed was my partner. He took a while to say anything and in that time I decided to study him.

He was wearing a grey hoodie and a pair of ripped jeans but they looked like they'd been ripped from a previous fight. He had pale-ish skin and black hair and he was pretty well built. When you're in this business for a while you become, among other things, stronger. He looked kind of hot. No! You are not doing this again! If you like this guy the next black eye you will have is from me!

"Hey, I'm Damien"

Damien
I walked through the door and couldn't help but stare.
He was tanned with dark brown hair. He was wearing a black shirt and loose jeans he looked really good. No! You always do this! You just broke up with someone, don't do this!
I realised I should probably say something.

"Hey I'm Damien"

"Anton, guess we'll be spending 2 months together... minimum" he mutters to himself.

"I know, it's ridiculous"

"Look, I had a pretty bad night sleep so I'm going to go to bed"

"Sure, whatever, I had a pretty bad night too"

We both went into our rooms and I looked at my phone to see it was 8:12. Wow, I'm pathetic. Barely awake past eight, but I did come from somewhere a long drive away. Jet lag is a bitch.