Chapter 35

There's cracks in your smile and your voice sounds raspy

-Flashback-
" when can I see my baby girl " The older gentleman said calmly as he held grip around his wife's slim figure .

The nurse stood in front of them looking sympathetic. " I'm sorry they are trying to stabilize her right now "

" I swear if you don't let me see her, I'm suing everyone in this hospital we're her parents, I need to know what's happening." The wife said as she had hot tears streaming down her face as her husband held her .

The doctor came out of her room and talked to the nurse briefly glancing at the family occasionally then telling her to leave them .

" Please tell me what happened" The mother said weakly

The doctor cleared his throat then spoke up.
" As you know we had to perform the surgery before you got here , I apologize for that I know she's a minor but it was serious "

The father looked at the doctor then begin speaking " I've been holding back this whole time but man to man doc please tell me the truth will she make it  ."

"She will but she might have some long term health issues sir as you see this x ray displays her ribs .. she suffered from flail chest which is a lot of trauma to her ribs, as you see the black parts , those are her broken ribs, honestly sir it's a miracle she survived."

The parents let out a deep sigh they've been holding in Thanking God .

" she's recovering so she may not be able to do certain leisure activities for awhile but I'll send the nurse to explain all that to you but for now you may see her."

The doctor shook their hands then let the nurse show them to the room that their daughter would reside in for 4 weeks.

The two parents walked in the room and rushed over to their daughter grabbing her hands lightly rubbing it as reality set in quickly for both of them as they sat in silence for 30 minutes .

The father kissed his daughter forehead and whispered a few words into his daughters ear as he stood up and walked over to his wife rubbing her shoulder.

" Baby I'm going to go get you some food , I'll be back okay?"

He began walking towards the door as his wife nodded staring at their daughter humming lowly.

" Don't leave me in all this pain , don't leave me out in the rain"
She continued wiping her eyes singing her daughters favorite song .
" Bring back the nights when I held you beside me
Un-break my heart "
her mother sung lowly kissing her 16 year olds hand .

-Flashback over-

At 12:30 pm Ayesha Alexander was released from the hospital and came home to an empty house with not a soul in site.

Ayesha placed her keys on top of the counter as she opened her refrigerator to find it replenished , but before she could reach for a bottle she heard tiny footsteps.

Turning around slowly see saw her beautiful little girl approach her and she instantly started smiling.

" mommy " Riley yelled approaching her hugging her left leg .