Chapter 25

Adults act like kids, kids act like adults ; that's a problem in society but we can't decipher at what time it is okay .

Justine

" This heffa really called and expected me to help her on some real shit ma "

I was sitting by the pool watching my mother as she tried to model across the patio fixing her hat.

" Don't help her if it's going to be an issue and don't use that language ." Mother explained sitting on the patio putting her hat on.

Dad closed the grill putting his utensils down turning towards me.

" Justine don't pay your mother no mind If this girl is paying you then take the offer if your gift can help others than help them ."

" This girl is evil and manipulating , how can I be sure that what she says is real?"

"At the end of the day you don't know this person , yes but if helping her can help that person then do it"

" thank you Janine for restating what I just said , like I just wasn't here 2 minutes ago to tell her."

My mother put her hand out rolling her eyes at my dad sticking her tongue out.

I laughed at my parents childish manners , they were acting like they were teenagers again. I respect that , all the stuff they did for me and sacrificed for me they deserve a time to be themselves.
__________

Ayesha

The sun was shining through the window as cut my eggs up slicing it piece by piece as I ate waiting.

Sitting in the back of the cafe has its perks , you are able to observe everything from here.

I was still trying to get adjusted to this
Whole situation of being in Spain , I have to find places that speak a little English , just enough so that I could understand what they're trying to say.

I only speak English and a little French other then that being here feels like it's a language barrier between us, Spanish class was the worst class I never really understood the words except for how to tell someone I'm hungry , my name and how to greet them.

I got in touch with the lawyer to talk to him about somethings I've noticed .

I looked down at my watch checking the time , my watch complimented the mood of my outfit I picked out for today's transaction.

I kept looking down at my watch nervously , This is starting to make me get anxious so I just took a big breath to calm myself.

I had to remember this is not about me , I gave myself a pep talk as Mike walked over to the table .

I didn't bother to stand up or shake his hand this was a business transaction that was about to go down.

Mike looked around confused " where is Stephen ?"

I rolled my eyes remembering my tiny white lie " he's busy , but let's not worry about that let's talk about how I can help you, and how you can help me" I
put my hands together watching his moves .

His posture straightened up almost automatically after I said that
" continue" he pushed on giving me his full attention.

I reached into my bag grabbing a brown journal out of the old bag, sliding it to him from across the table sitting back.

He looked at me confused slowly putting his brief case down hesitantly flipping through the pages . " what is all of this?"

He was ready to leave but I knew once I showed him this book he would sit here and listen.

" It's the missing pieces to your puzzle that I've solved"

" how did you get a hold of all this information?" He continued flipping through the pages studying them.

" you'll be surprised how easy it is to obtain information " I took a sip of my ice tea stirring it with the straw wiping droplets of water off the side of my cup with the napkin placed on the table.

I did my research on the girl , and when I do my research I don't half ass it I be doing research for real .

Mike closed the journal looking around clearing his throat.
" what do you want from this ?"

I sat up shrugging tapping my nails on the table " oh nothing really "

He grabbed the book but I quickly snatched it back acting nonchalant holding onto the book sitting up . " actually there is one thing"

He motioned for me to continue on so I did . " I just need you to tell me when you get new information about that case , and in return I will also provide you with new information from my investigations."

He looked at me briefly then at the book . " you do know this is illegal right"

I crossed my arms setting the book down . " only way someone will find out is if you run your mouth , which I couldn't ever imagine of you to do Mike"

Mike reached in his brief case folding up a paper siding it my way placing the book in his briefcase.

I unfolded my arm reaching for the paper sticking it in my bag. " what is it?"

" it's the results from the lab, go somewhere private and open it " he whispered looking around as he stood in the restaurant fixing his suit walking out of the cafe .

I sat in the seat looking at my chipped nail polishes that desperately needed to be redone . I think after this I'm going to take a trip back to Philadelphia .

It's sad how easy it is to obtain information from a lawyer it's not their job to crack under pressure , but right now it's fine with me I'm getting what I need out of him.

My phone started to flash so I picked it up seeing I got a message, it was from a blocked number .

My read notifications was off so I clicked the message

From: Blocked
I missed you baby girl .
Come out and play 😘

I looked at the phone reading the message over and over , problem # 2 just resurfaced .

FML .