Harsh Lessons and Cold Shoulders

Nadine felt like an eternity had passed while she was locked in her cell. Just when she felt like she was on the peak of starvation another human was shoved into the cell in the same state every time. Throat slit, bleeding out and soon to be dead even if she didn't feed from them. She wanted to question where the supply of humans came from but she convinced herself that the bodies were most likely from homeless residents of the city that no one kept proper track of. The dead and drained bodies were removed at some point while she was sleeping. Nadine never saw anyone while she was locked in that cell.

Each time she fed, Nadine could feel Trent nearby. She would tap her hand against the window crying out for him, pleading and begging for him to let her out. But each time she was only greeted with the silence of the corridor her cell was located in. Eventually the door opened and Nadine hesitated before trying exit.

"Prince Jones wishes to see you in your room." Came from a familiar voice as Nadine stepped out of the cell to be face to face with Marcus.

He'd lead her out of corridor that the cell was located in to a set of elevators. As their elevator dinged and the doors opened, out came several swat dressed looking people with about a half dozen normal looking people in handcuffs and chains.

"Hunters." Marcus would say as he gives a guiding push onto the elevator. "If you were wondering who those people are."

Nadine stood silently in the elevator as it rose the few floors it needed to. She was still wearing her gold lace dress but it was now covered in blood and she had left her shoes behind in the cell since there was no need to wear them while in there. She felt like she was having a walk of shame moment as the pair walked the long apartment looking like hallway. She didn't take the time to pay attention to most of the building but with her dreading arriving at her room, she looked at the different doors with different name plates upon them. She assumed it was how people could find their rooms. The doors all looked like they required a key entry except for the one at the very end of the hallway, to which her and Marcus had stopped at. That door required a security key card to open. They were finally back to the apartment that Trent resided in.

Marcus waved the card over the sensor and the sound of the door locking was heard. He pressed his hand against Nadine's back and gave a forceful push into the door and shuts it behind her once she was inside the room. She could feel Trent's presence in the room but she was terrified on what she should do next.

"Upstairs." She would hear from the top of the staircase.

A smile came to her face knowing who's voice it was and it wasn't as cold as the last time she heard him speak to her. Nadine arrived to the top of the stairs hoping that even though a vampire she would be greeted with some kind of cuddling warmth.

"You look like a mess. Go clean up before coming into bed." Trent said to her looking down from a letter that he was reading while sitting in their bed before returning his attention to the newspaper in his hands.

Nadine didn't hesitate one moment. She wanted to prove she could do as she was told and quickly entered the bathroom. She pulled off the bloodied clothing and climbed into the enormous walk in shower, turn the hot water on and collapsed onto the floor to let the soothing water wash over her. She left her head resting on her knees as she sat on the shower floor, watching the blood stained water fall off her body as if everything she had gone through hadn't happen. She felt a calmness radiating from Trent and his presence but Nadine was unsure how to properly interpret it.

She stood up, finished washing herself with a fruity smelling shampoo and ended her shower. She stepped out in the the bathroom and saw the neatly set out night clothes. She grabbed a towel to dry herself off before getting dressed into clean clothes. She went over to the bathroom door and stood for a moment, bracing herself for whatever yelling Trent was going to do. She messed up and saw the cruel and ruthless side of him. Nadine doesn't ever want to see that side of him again. She opens the door to find the room dark and Trent laying as if he is asleep on the bed. She makes her way over to what should be her side and debates if she should ask for permission before crawling into the bed.

Trent's back was to her but he must of sensed she was standing as if waiting for some kind of invitation. "You may come into bed if you wish."

Nadine didn't hesitate for a second as she climbed into the bed, got comfortable and fell quickly asleep. She had missed the comfort of sleeping in a bed. Nadine slept in until Noon before she was woke up to being poked and prodded.

She opened her eyes to see a childish grin on Marcus' face. "Wakey, wakey, Miss Sunshine."

Nadine rolled over with a groan. "Five more minutes, Marcus."