Parading with Humans

It was the night of the SPCA dinner and Nadine paced back and forth in the large closet nervously. She was torn between what to wear, a soft pink lace dress with sleeves that stopped at her elbows and a high and low style skirt or a gold dress that the top half was adorned in lace with the bottom half of layered chiffon. There wasn't a set dress code for the event but Nadine wasn't sure which would of been more appropriate. The pink dress showed more of who she is but the gold showed she was with one of the richest and powerful man in the city.

"Gold it is." She said to herself as she finished getting dressed. She adorned herself with matching accessories that either contained gold or rhinestones including her shoes and purse. She never really matched what she wore before, but at the snap of Trent's fingers, she could have anything.

She had stopped at the main kitchen and had one of the workers fix her a glass to drink. It was a normal eight ounce sized glass, but she was used to drinking from smaller glasses still. She finished her glass and pulled out her cell phone to check the time. "Shit." She set the glass down and hurried out.

"Miss, you need to feed!" Came from one of the workers in the kitchen.

She was already out the door and while she could hear what was being said, she dismissed it.

"I'll just not eat anything. That's simple enough."
She thought to herself as she stood in the elevator, waiting for the doors to open to the parking garage. Trent was waiting impatiently as she managed a smile when the doors opened.

"You know, I like to arrive to places on time once in a while." He scolded as he opened the back to the car that they'd be riding in.

Nadine flashed a cheeky smile as she climbed into the back seat, and Trent followed behind her. "In time it'll be a subconscious habit to consider how long it takes to feed for events like this." He'd say with a smile, putting his hand on her thigh. Nadine gave a nervous smile know she didn't do exactly what he was expecting. "You are full, aren't you?" He narrows his eyes at her when he sees the nervous smile.

Nadine gave a nervous nod, managing a even more fake smile. "Oh yes, most defiantly. For sure." She gives a reassuring nod as Trent continues to look at her with a sharp look. "Like eating a burger." She gives a another nod and a quirky smile.

As they arrived at the event Trent stepped out of the car first, before reaching with a hand to help Nadine out of the car, tucking her hand into the crook of his elbow as the pair walked into the building. Nadine didn't recognize any of the people that were attending but she managed a polite smile as Trent introduced her to select people. "Chief Rodriguez, you remember Miss Burns."

Nadine had remember meeting the Hispanic looking gentleman and gave him a polite nod. "The elusive Mr. Jones and the even more elusive girlfriend. A pleasure to see you again Miss Burns."

Trent would start to usher her off to great other guests before the pair were stopped by the news paper reporter.

"MISTER JONES!" She'd say with excitement, grinning from ear to ear. "It is such a wonderful pleasure to see you again! I thought meeting you in the park was a treat, now tonight I feel truly blessed to be graced with not just your presence but your girlfriend's as well."

Trent would rest his hand around Nadine's waist, keeping her closer to his side. "Miss Naomi, a pleasure to see you again as well."

He flashes a cocky smile before looking to Nadine who was looking around uncomfortably. The park, while crowded, was more open but this event was indoors and made the girl feel more uncomfortable. A bright flash from a photography camera catches Nadine's attention and she looks back at the reporter lady and her camera man.

"A photo of the lovely couple for the paper?" the reporter asked as Trent pulled Nadine even more closer and the two flashed a bright and cherry smile as the camera's flash goes off to photograph them. "I do like your girlfriend, Mr. Jones. I look forward to seeing you two at more events." The reporter darts off, dragging her camera man as well to interact with the other guests.

"Don't look so tense. I'm sure you've looked at a cow at the zoo before. Same concept, just looking and not touching." He'd lean in to whisper into Nadine's ear. "Just relax."