The monster inside her

Nadine slowly passed out in Trent's arms, even after multiple attempts to keep her focused on staying awake. He continued to hold her in his arms till several clicks could be heard and the main door to the panic room slid open, reviling a worry struck Marcus and several swat team members.

"Prince Jones, I'm so pleased that you are still in one piece. Hunters cleared the building before we could move Lakeland swat in to cover up this mess. Thankfully they gave us a better reason for a cover up story."

Trent nodded and partially tuned out any information Marcus was providing as he picked Nadine up and carried her out.

Trent laid the unconscious body onto the hospital bed as the staff of the medical facility quickly pushed around him, causing him to be pushed to the back of the room.

"I'm sure if she's your newborn, she'll be just as strong and stubborn as you." Came a familiar female voice that he hadn't heard in over a century.

He forced himself to step out of the room to great the owner of the voice. Stood before him was a tall, slender brown haired woman. She was wearing a solid dark green pencil dress with a black pill box hat that sat among a head of corkscrew curls.

"Lady Anise, it's be well over a century since we last saw each other. What pleasure do I have to cause you to fly all the way from Paris to visit?" Trent would greet as he kisses the woman's cheek softly.

"I'm here to oversee your paperwork for your new appointed position on the Florida Grand Council." She'd respond as if it wasn't a surprise that Trent had managed to pass his challenge.

Trent would look back into Nadine's room, not willing to go up to his office but he knew the faster he finished the paperwork, the faster he'd be back down to be by Nadine's side. Trent gave Anise a nod and offered his arm for her to take, to which she obliged and the pair made their way to his office.

"I heard rumors that you turned a human, but it wasn't until last night at your ball that everyone's suspicious were confirmed." Anise would say as she took a seat in front of his desk.

Trent would be pouring two glasses of blood before making his way to his desk, not before handing a glass to Anise.

"She truly is a one of a kind gem. From the sex to her just being.....so her. I can't put a finger on it, but her personality just has some kind of...spark." He'd say, taking a slow drink from his glass as he takes a seat behind the desk.

Lady Anise pulled out a folder and a small recorder from a large designer looking bag and set it in front of him. She'd open the file, pressed a button on the recorder and began to read from the file.

"I, Lady Anise, declares that Lord Trenton, Prince of the City of Lakeland has successfully proved his worth of strength for his eligibility for a position on the Florida Grand Council. I've declared this as such on the Sixteenth day of the month of February in the year Two Thousand Sixteen." She'd set the folder down on the desk and pulls out a page and sets it in front of Trent. "If you could sign at the bottom of the page with the appropriate signature. This will insure that you agree to continue to uphold the laws of our race, maintain the responsibilities you have as Prince, and still keep up with the added duties and responsibilities of the Grand Council. Should you not be able to comply with any of the three, then you will suffer consequences that will be judged by an Elder Vampire."

Trent would glance over the paper before nodding as Lady Anise spoke. He'd pick up a pen, dragged the tip over his hand enough to draw blood and signed his signature at the bottom of the paper. The woman would take the paper as soon as he finished signing and Trent would take a final gulp to finish the remaining contents of his glass. His injuries had finally finished healing, including the small scratch he created with the pen. Lady Anise would place the paper in the folder and return the folder to her purse. She'd pull out several items from her purse that included a tall pillar candle, a lighter, a knife and a small box, setting the items on the desk.