40.

Wonwoo left the infirmary that was located on the first floor of their university. He thought back to the conversation he had with Mingyu, wondering if he was really as distant as Mingyu said he was.

He fumbled with his pocket, pulling his phone out.

"Hello?" Mingyu's voice flowed through the phone.

"Can. . .can we talk?" Wonwoo's voice was low and quiet, but you could hear how anxious he was in his voice.

"Of course, my class ends in 5 minutes. Meet me at the campus garden," Mingyu said through the phone before hanging up.

<<>>
Wonwoo forced a smile as he watched Mingyu walk towards him, sitting beside him on the grass.

"What is it?" Mingyu asked, his eyes focused on Wonwoo.

"I'm sorry," Wonwoo said, his head hanging low.

"For what?"Mingyu asked, confused.

"For being distant," Wonwoo said, his teeth tugging at his lower lip. He let his body fall into the grass with a light thud.

"Everyone has their own secrets and I respect that. There's no need to be sorry. I just. . . I just want you to know I'm here for you," Mingyu said, laying beside him now.

". . .Do you know what my biggest fear is?" Wonwoo asked, his eyes focused on the different hews of pinks, purples, reds ,and blues that danced in the sky.

"No," Mingyu answered, turning his head to look at the boy.

"It's being alone," the boy said, chuckling lightly, " If I distance myself first, it won't as much when they leave me in the end . . .right? That's how I thought," Wonwoo said, laughing at himself.

"But you have me,"Mingyu said, a said smile forming on his face.

Wonwoo looked at the boy and smiled.

"I know and I love you for that. But. . .but the thing is no matter how much love I get, whether it's from you, Wenha, Hoshi, or Minghao, I can still only thing about wanting to get love form them," Wonwoo went on, furrowing his eyebrows.

"My dad always beat me. . .he was never satisfied. I just wanted to know what I did wrong, and I still do. Am I not good enough? I tried so hard to make him proud, but he'd always find a reason to hate me. And fining out I was bi was icing on the cake," Wonwoo went on," his mind racing.

" And my mom. . .she'd never do anything to help me. She'd just watch, and send me to school the next day. Everyone knew. . .everyone knew about my dad and what he did to me, but they never did anything because he donated to the school," Wonwoo said smiling, shaking his head lightly.

"I'm stupid I know. . .I just want them to acknowledge me as a good son," Wonwoo mumbled into Mingyu's chest as he moved closer to the boy.

Mingyu stayed silent as he smoothed down Wonwoo's hair.
~~~
Merry Christmas yall^^
It probably o.d typos, my bad lol