36.

"Have you been practicing at all?" Hoshi asked, running his fingers through his hair angrily.

". . .No," Wonwoo said as he bit his lip, his head down. He began to take out a cigarette, and lit it before putting it to his lips without even realizing it, like he usually did.

"Wonwoo. . .I know you need this money. You have Wenha to take care of, and your apartment is nowhere near on the cheap side," Hoshi went on.

"Shut the fuck up. Dont you think I know that? I'm trying as hard as I can, okay," Wonwoo yelled, causing his best friend to flinch. He completely forgot about his job, if you could call it that.

"Just remember I got you. . .we got you. We love you man," Hoshi said as he attempted to give Wonwoo an encouraging smile, only to have his lips form into a thin line. Wonwoo let smoke escape his mouth before returning the awkward smile.

"The match starts in an hour," Hoshi said before walking to the stairwell, leaving Wonwoo alone in the abandoned warehouse.
~~~~
"You got this," Mingyu said, massaging Wonwoo's shoulders.

The boy nodded as he stretched his body. His head was pounding, but he didn't pay it any mind.

He looked over at Jihoon who lalked to Hoshi.

"Though I'm with Wonwoo, good luck Jihoon," Hoshi said seriously.

"Thanks Soonyoung. Regardless if I win or not, my dad will have my head if he knows I'm here," the other joked, only causing Hoshi to grow more serious.

The two boys stood in the middle of the roof, waiting for further instructions.

Wonwoo wasn't feeling nervous before, but as he heard the buzzer to began, he couldn't hear anything.

It wasn't because everyone grew silent, but because his ears wouldn't allow him to hear.

"What the fuck are you doing?" he heard Minghao yell, after what felt like minutes.

The boys urged him to move, and that was what he did, letting his mind go blank for a moment.

The boy broke out into a sprint before jumping off the ledge, his feet landing onto the roof of the next building. He kept up his quick pace, only a few strides behind Jihoon.

With the course he was running this time, the buildings were much taller, and though Wonwoo never had a problem with heights, he found himself growing scared.

He couldn' shake the image of falling into the crack between the two buildings, or being pulled down to the concrete like how Yibo once did to him.

The boy was ahead of Jihoon now, and the gab between the set of buildings he came across was bigger than the others. As he rushed towards the ledge, but jumped too soon.

He quickly held his hand out grabbing the concrete edge of the next building.

"Shit," he hissed under his breath as he tried to pull himself up.

As he got to the other side he quickly brushed himself off, seeing Jihoon on the building he practically died jumping off of.

He sprinted forward wishing the other luck, as he was shorter.

The finish line was only three buildings away and Wonwoo rushed forward, his sight growing blury.

He reached the last building, and he could hear the the others cheering for him at the finish line.

He won, but he didn't look happy.

Though his head throbbed, he managed to smile, catching the high fives that were being thrown at him.
~~~~

I wonder what happens next :))