#9 - Shallan & Frank

1 month later

I stand in front of the full length mirror in mine and Frank's room. I'm only in my underwear. I'm still pudgy from Chris and the scar is fully visible. I run my fingers over it slowly. The doctor said I'll probably have the scar for the rest of my life. He said it might shrink or fade, but it will still be there. A reminder of what I lost.

Frank is out. He's been out a lot recently. And every time I ask him about it he brushes me off. It makes me wonder if he's cheating on me. I grab a T-shirt off the floor and put it on. It's Frank's so it's a bit to big. I dig through my dresser and pull on a pair of grey leggings. I stare at myself in the mirror again. I have bags under my eyes and my hair is a mess. I should get it cut. I grab my phone of my nightstand and walk into the living room. I sit down on the couch and watch the front door. Frank said he would be home in two hours when he left. That was four hours ago. I've called him and texted and gotten no response. So I sit and watch the door. I sigh and stand. I turn some music. Gerard's voice fills the apartment. I sigh again and walk into the kitchen. Dirty dishes are piled in the sink and on the counters. I pull the dishes out of the sink and fill it with hot, soapy water. Not five minutes after I start washing dishes Frank walks in. He kicks his shoes off and walks up behind me. He wraps his arms around my waist and rests his chin on my shoulder.

"Hey." I don't answer. He sighs.

"Shallan? Answer me. Please!" I ignore him and focus on the dishes. "Shallan, what did I do that made you mad?" He let's go of me. "Fine! Be that way. But just know that when you're ready to talk I have something important to tell you." He says and walks into the bedroom, slamming the door behind him. I begin to cry. Again. I throw the sponge into the sink and turn around. I slide down against the cupboards and let my head fall into my hands. I sit there for close to an hour, judging by the number of songs that go by. I've run out tears too at that point. I sit there with my knees against my chest and head resting on them. A few seconds later the music shuts off. I look up at Frank.

"Ready to talk?" I nod. He sits down beside me.

"I'm sorry." I whisper. Frank rubs my shoulder.

"It's okay."

"Promise?" I ask, meeting his eyes.

"Promise." We share a smile and then Franks stands up. He offers me his hand. I accept it and he helps me up. "I need to show you something." He starts putting his shoes back on. I grab my shoes and put them on. He offers me his hand again. I take it and he leads me out the door. We walk out to the car in silence. He opens my door for me. He gets in and we start to drive.

"So where are you taking me?" I ask.

"It's a surprise." I roll my eyes. We turn and drive down a street lined with houses. There are children in the yards and flowers in the gardens.

"Where are we?" He stops in front of a yellow house with navy trim. Tulips fill the flower beds and a porch swing rocks gently in the breeze. I look at Frank and raise my eyebrows. He smirks and gets out of the car. He comes around to my side of the car and opens my door. He offers me his hand again. I roll my eyes.

"Shall we go, m'lady?" I accept his hand and he helps me from the car.

"Who's house is this?" I ask, looking at Frank.

"Ours."

Frank's POV

"Ours." I can't help but smile as her eyes go wide and she gasps.

"You bought a house?!" She asks. I nod. "Oh my god! Can we go inside?"

"Of course. It's yours." She smiles wide and runs up the steps. The first thing she does is sit in the swing. She rocks gently. Then she stands and opens the screen door. She grabs the door knob, but its locked. I unlock the door and she steps into the living room. I painted it light green. The floors are hard wood. She spins in a slow circle. She then walks into the kitchen. The walls are a light yellow and the cabinets are pale blue. The floors are tiled. She opens the pantry door(which is pale blue and has 'Food Room' written on it) and steps into it. The she comes out and opens the basement door. The basement is pretty much just one room. Although there is a bathroom and a closet. The walls are light grey and the floor is carpeted(purple). She kneels down and runs her hand over the carpet.