Chapter 33- The Visitor

Start from the beginning

I had fallen unconscious after a while of this. That was where I was then. I had awoken from my unconscious state, and I was staring at the calendar across the room. I had learnt to keep quiet when waking up, to save myself a few extra minutes before he came down to 'chat' with me.

I quietly breathed, trying to keep my breaths steady as if still unconscious, and I looked around the dark room I had already memorised. I already knew there was no place for me to escape. No holes, no missing bricks, no cracks. The only way in and out was the door. My strength was non-existent because of the energy it took to heal; my body bruised everywhere, blood caking my face, arms, torso, and legs.

My skin was either bruised or covered in blood and grime. I just blankly stared across the room, feeling all of the pain in my body wash over me. They brought me food once every two days, a bread bun and a cup of water. This wouldn't last long. If I didn't throw it up, I would cry the water out of my body or burn off the food trying to fight back. I hadn't given up, just accepted that I couldn't do this alone.

Tristan opened the door and quickly closed it behind him, sitting opposite me, and clearing his throat. "You know, I didn't want to become a Rogue." He mused, "I was forced to. When my parents died, they blamed it on me. The Alpha marked me with the soul of a Rogue as he kicked me out of the pack, forcing me to be one. I didn't want to be a Rogue; he forced me to be one. I couldn't even be a Nomad.

"My parents were killed by Rogues on my fourteenth birthday. We were at the park, eating ice-cream as they watched me on my skateboard. They came out of the trees and killed them, leaving me behind.

"I hadn't even shifted, so it didn't make sense that I was a Rogue, but the Alpha accused me of being with them and helping. So he banished me and marked me as a Rogue." I stared at him, and though my brain didn't comprehend his words, some part of me did. For the first time in days, I felt sadness for someone other than myself.

Tears began to roll down my cheeks as the sadness washed over me, for the pain he must have gone through. "The marking caused an early shift. A week after they died, I shifted for the first time. I guess my Primary Shift, Moui, knew that I needed his help, because I wouldn't survive without him." He paused for a while, just sitting there. "Moui is a wolf, but he has a really cool pelt. It's black with red streaks." I could hear the pride in his voice.

My lips curved into a small smile, but I didn't know why. I figured that Tristan's words meant something. Through the haze, I noticed him stand up and walk to the door, "Good luck." He whispered, before leaving. I just stared blankly ahead, knowing that I would be greeted by him any minute now. As if on cue, his footsteps echoed through the room as he walked down the stairs to my prison. He took his time, adding in an evil chuckle as he entered the doorway. "Ben, sweetie, I think since you're awake, we'd better get started!" He taunted, pulling out the blood kit.

Jason

It had been 2 weeks since Ben had left. We had few suspects, in fact, only two remained. Her parents' killer and Ophelia Ravine. Ophelia hadn't given us reason to suspect her involvement, but she also hadn't given us reason not to. She had no alibi, we had no proof. She had a motive, we had no evidence. And with the murderer, we had little to go off. Ben's parents had been slaughtered by a group of Rogues, like mine, head hunters that enjoyed the thrill of killing older bloodlines of shifters.

We didn't have a lead on what Rogue clan it was, but we did finally get some more Rogue camp locations out of the prisoners. We had officially 'extinguished' six camps, and we were shocked to see so many Rogues gathered in one area, without the detection of the pack.

The official fighting group consisted of Willow, Kazak, Morte and I. This was because Willow had skill, Kazak had strength, Morte had agility and I had a great amount of motivation. We had figured out our fighting formations, positions and ranks around the third time we went to a Rogue camp. Kaz would cause a distraction whilst Willow and I rushed in to begin fighting. Morte would cover any escapees and save our backs.