Chapter 6- A Hotel

Benina to the side! >>>

"White Tiger"

2012 Copyright © All Rights Reserved.

Stryder Sweetman.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 6

Our bags were packed and it didn't take long, seeing as we didn’t need much- we could shift into clothing and just about everything we would need. So we packed the basics.

A toothbrush, food, water, phones, and of course, my shiny new platinum credit card. We could shift a credit card into existence, but even though it would work, it felt like stealing. I would rather use real money than cheat it into existence via a credit card. Marc had set up a bank account for each of us and we all had about $50,000 to blow- I’d have to keep an eye on Ani.

We put our bags by the door and all went in different directions to say our goodbyes. I didn't have many to say, so I went to talk to Marc. I found him placing the last trinket back on his desk.

He sighed and looked around proudly, when he noticed I was at the door, he smiled, “Have fun Ben, and don't worry about your 'parents', we bought them out.”

“Thank you Marc.” I said sincerely, “I will call you every week and when I come back.” At that, he smiled.

“I’ll hold you to that.” He grinned.

I walked out of his office, through the corridors and down the stairs to wait by the door for Ani and Willow to return.

The girl from before, Ophelia Ravine, strutted up to the door, followed by two Barbie minions.

“Oh hey, Ben, I heard you were leaving. I guess you figured out that you were too stupid and ugly to be our Alpha.” She smirked, her minions smiling and mumbling in agreement. I just rolled my eyes and looked past her, searching for Willow and Stephani.

“What's wrong Ben? Tiger got your tongue?” She mocked as her minions laughed like it was the funniest thing they’d ever heard.

Why haven't you killed her yet? Libeth growled.

I won't sink to her level. I replied simply. She huffed and sulked quietly.

I continued to ignore them when one of her minions got irritated and screeched, “Hey! She is talking to you! Show her respect!”

They want respect?  Libeth hissed, shaking with anger. I ignored Libeth and pushed her to the back of my mind.

When I didn't reply, Ophelia walked up to me and slapped me right across the face. Her fake nails managed to slice my cheek as my head snapped to the side.

I felt a small line of blood slither down my cheek as I slowly turned my head back to face her. I could feel my eyes glowing a brighter green as Libeth tried to take over.

I cocked an eyebrow and looked her in the eye, “You’d better run, little girl.” I growled.

“Or what?” She dragged out, examining her nails.

Before she understood what was happening, she was against the wall, a foot off the ground with my hand wrapped around her throat.

“Or...” I watched as her face turned red from lack of oxygen, Libeth was in complete control as my voice turned gravelly, “I might kill you.”

I dropped her on the floor, dusting off my hands as I watched her catch her breath. By now her minions were looking pale beneath their fake tans.

“Leave.” I spoke calmly.

The minions high tailed it out of there while Ophelia stumbled down the hall, screaming at them not to leave her behind.

I scoffed once they were all out of sight, before realising I had an audience. Ani and Willow were standing at the end of the hall, Willow with an amused smirk and Ani rolling her eyes.

“I see Ophelia returned. Isn't she...” Willow thought for a second until she finished, “Special.”

I giggled and then picked up my bag, shaking my head. I opened the door and held it open as they picked up their bags and walked out. I followed them out and shifted into Libeth, more used to my paws than before. I kept my balance as I stretched my wings out.

I looked to my right to see Willow as a black Griffin- half eagle, half lion- and to my left to see Ani as, of course, a colourful pony with wings.

I picked up my bag in my mouth and tested out the mind link the three of us had formed.

Testing… 1, 2, 3... Hello?

Gotcha loud and clear. Willow answered.

What are you testing? Ani asked. Willow and I shared a look and ignored Ani's question.

I lifted off the ground and spun in a circle. The three of us flew into the forest, and as I turned my head to get one last look at the pack house in an attempt at a movie moment, I saw Ophelia on a balcony, screaming, “Yeah! You'd better run!”

I just rolled my eyes and kept flying.

We finally arrived at a hotel, somewhere about a hundred miles North of the pack house, and shifted back to human form. We had all agreed to disguise ourselves whenever we moved in case word got out about the last Tigenre and people came hunting. That was how my family had apparently died, after all. The original bloodlines were being extinguished by someone.

I shifted into a pale girl of about 5'7" with auburn hair and blue eyes, wearing a pale pink summer dress. I looked to Ani and Willow and was amused to find they had copied me. Apparently today, we were triplets. Ani was wearing a blue summer dress and Willow wore a black dress.

We grabbed our bags and pushed open the hotel door. I headed to the counter, followed by Willow and Ani.

A greasy, middle-aged man was sitting behind the counter, smoking. He looked about 6'1", balding, and had a gut. When he saw us, he straightened up in his seat, and tried to hide his cigarette as he put it out, burning his arm in the process.

“Ow!” He cried out. I raised an eyebrow, but otherwise ignored him.

“3 rooms for one night, please.”

“Sure thing kid, but are you sure you can afford it? It ain't cheap here, it'll cost abou-” I cut him off as I flashed my shiny new credit card in his face. He wiped his hands on his stained singlet and grinned, greedily grabbing at the card with his pudgy, grimy fingers. “Ok then!” He agreed, swiping the card and pushing the receipt toward me to sign.

I wrote my signature and took the keys he laid on the counter. I handed a set each to Willow and Ani and we picked up our bags, walking to the staircase.

Willow led the way as we climbed the stairs, opening the fire escape door to our floor. She held open the door as we stepped through, and we walked down the end of the hall, counting the numbers on the doors until we found our door numbers. Luckily enough, we were right next door to each other.

“'Night.” I said, opening my door as they said their goodbyes.

I dropped my bag on the single bed. Inside and kicked the door closed. I dropped the keys next to my bag and sunk on to the bed.

I sighed and laid my head down on the near-empty pillow. I closed my eyes and thought about how my whole life had changed in the blink of the eye- I had lost my abusive ‘parents’, become closer to my best friends, found out I was someone important, and I had left behind my old life to travel the world.

I shifted into some shorts and a singlet, relaxing my mind as I closed my eyes. I quickly drifted off to sleep, my body needing some rest after the strain of the day. I welcomed the darkness as I slept dreamlessly.