Chapter 15- Babysitting

Cover by Skylar>>>

"White Tiger"

2013 Copyright © All Rights Reserved.

Stryder Sweetman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 15

Today was challenge three, and I was confident. It had a lot to do with the fact that Jason had totally flunked the previous tests (though his water abilities weren’t completely atrocious), but it also had to do with the fact that I didn't have to take responsibility for Ani anymore.

She had decided that Leroy was her baby, and she was looking after him like he was the saviour of the world.

I ran down the stairs, pushing Jeremy so he would face plant, tackling Ani, so she would fall to the floor, throwing Willow tumbling through the air to crash into Jeremy, who was just recovering.

I bolted around the corner towards the kitchen, knowing that Nixon was the only threat left. I was across the room, twenty feet from the kitchen, when time slowed down. I forced myself to go faster, and I turned to look beside me. There, right behind me, was Nixon. He was heading towards the kitchen too.

I couldn't let him beat me there. The entire universe depended on it. I swung my arm sideways, grabbing a chair as I ran, and I swung it at Nixon's face. His eyes widened, and he ducked, just in time.

I passed an expensive looking vase as I neared the door, and I threw it behind me. I heard it make impact with Nixon's gut, just as I reached the doorway.

I swung the door open and glanced behind me, to see Nixon on the ground, huffing.

I sprinted into the kitchen and grabbed the treasure, the very item that had turned everyone against each other...

The plate of pancakes.

I picked it up, running back out the doorway and back into my room, getting stares as I whispered, "Mine! The precious!" Whilst crouching over the fluffy, rich, cakes of pan.

I closed the door behind me, and slowly turned, sensing the presence of certain people behind me.

"H-Hey guys! How's it going?" I asked, rubbing the back of my neck and balancing the plate in one hand.

I was staring at Jeremy, Willow, Stephani and Nixon. All of them looked angry.

I was in so much trouble.

I offered them a smile and said, "Perhaps we can share?" As they stalked towards me.

We had all agreed to share, and after finishing breakfast, we quickly checked in on Leroy before heading downstairs to see what the challenge was.

I walked into the living room to see Santa holding a little girl on his lap. A random adult stood up in his chair and said, "Today your challenge will be difficult, it will take patience, skill, and you could potentially lose your mind."

He walked towards me with a threatening glint in his eye, and then he walked backwards.

He spoke in a low, evil voice, "Today, your challenge is… to babysit my child!" Then he let out an evil laugh, and waved his arms around in the air.

I stared at him, and raised a brow at his theatrics. "Alright, where's the kid?" I asked.

He stopped mid 'Mwahahaha' and gave me a disapproving frown. Then he gestured towards the little girl on Santa's lap and said, "This is my daughter, Angel."