🌶️ 23. Desire

It was a two storey house with a wide lawn and a pool at the backyard. It wasn't too big of a house, just nice for a small family. Carter never mentioned other person besides his mother, so Mia assumed that he's the only child.

But that's besides the problem - Carter hadn't said a word since they left the restaurant. The fifteen minutes drive home was quiet, just music playing on the radio while they drown in their own thoughts. Mia felt bad, but not guilty for bringing his ex up. She felt the need to address their spontaneous decision to date not long after he broke up with the other girl.

Nonetheless, he showed her around the house as soon as they got there.

"Here's the master bedroom. You can sleep here. There's a bathroom and a closet..."

"You're not going to sleep in here with me?" Mia asked just as he was about to leave. He still avoided her eyes and had a stern look on his face. "Are you still mad?" She asked.

"I'm not mad," he exhaled, but his frown claimed otherwise. "I just need time to cool down."

"Okay, but I don't want to sleep here alone. This house seemed like it had been left empty for quite some time," she pointed out, "What if there are ghosts?"

"That's not funny, Mia," he shook his head.

"Come on," she pouted, "It is a little funny."

"I'm not exactly in the mood to play around," Carter pointed out. "There's no ghost in here. Don't worry. If you see one, just call me. I'll be right next door."

Mia gaped at him, "You're really mad at me, huh?"

"I'm not mad. I just find it ridiculous for you to bring up my ex when you know I'm crazy for you," Carter pointed out. "Have I ever mentioned her before? No. I don't even think about her when I'm with you. I don't know why should we ever bring her up between us. Would you rather hear me talk about my ex?"

"No, but I deserve to know about her, don't you think so? I'm just scared of getting my hopes up just to get another one guy who uses me!"

"Does it feel like I'm using you?" He frowned.

Mia gaped at him, rendered speechless by her own assumptions. She felt stupid now that he mentioned it. But the picture in his wallet and the way he would occasionally step away just to answer a phone call, messed with her head a little.

Carter stepped closer and leaned in close enough to make Mia felt like time has stopped. She lowered her gaze to his lips as he put his forehead against hers. "I am not one of your many exes, Damian Faye. Get your facts right," he told her, "I am already yours when I make you mine. Anyone else should stay the fuck out of it. Are we clear?"

Mia looked into his eyes as he peeled away slightly to stare at her. She couldn't remember ever seeing his eyes being that dark. It wasn't really anger. It was...

"I want you," Carter whispered, clenching his jaw as he glanced at her lips.

Desire.

Mia had a thousand reasons to panic because she didn't see that day coming too soon, but with a nod of her head, Carter latched their lips together. She drowned in his reassuring kiss and melted into his embrace.

Carter's touch were possessive. He raked his fingers through the hair on the back of her head and pulled out her hair tie. Mia couldn't tell for sure but he does have a thing for her hair. It's probably a part of her body he touched the most after her lips. Mia broke the kiss to catch her breath, and Carter took off his shirt for her. He kissed her again, each time more dominant that the last. His hands travelled down her back and soon rested on her hips. He lowered himself and lifted Mia up against him, then carried her to bed.