08. Without My Consent

Carter leaned into his seat as he stared at the lonely girl at the bus stop. He had dropped Mia off at the and left her alone as she requested. She did tell him that her friend would come to pick her up and that she was going to be okay on her own.

"She's not going to be okay," he sighed to himself.

But why is he worried about the damn girl? He intended to leave her behind, but he wouldn't be able to forgive himself if something bad happened to her. Carter ended up driving around the block and parked a safe distance away just to keep an eye on her.

Half an hour passed and nothing happened. At that rate, Carter was almost convinced that she wasn't planning to go anywhere. He wondered if she would actually sleep there for the night like a homeless man. Carter was about to step out of the car when a car with loud booming music pulled over to the bus stop. It didn't take long for him to know that they're her people; her friends.

"Hey hot stuff," Peter stepped out of the car to greet her. He grabbed her bag and leaned in to kiss her. Mia was stunned by the kiss, but she figured that he had some drinks before picking her up. "You lost weight," he pointed out, wrapping his arm around her waist.

"Yup," Mia nodded. She let him steal another kiss before they stepped into the car. "Are there many people at the party?" Mia asked.

"Just the usual crowd," Peter said, giving her a small smile. He leaned in again and kissed her, and Mia could tell that he was excited to see her again. "I missed you."

"I'm glad you do," Mia smiled.

After their car left, Carter also drove back to college. He forgot that there was a possibility that she has a boyfriend, the same way that he has Amber. He did ask Hazel before, but the girl claimed that she never seen Mia with anyone. Maybe they're all wrong about her.

.
..
...
..
.

When they reached Peter's house, Mia was greeted cheerfully by the crowd at the party. She had been away from partier for the past few weeks that some of them even joked about her being dead. It took no time for her to blend in with the crowd. Judging by the people she's met so far, Mia might be the only person who's close to a peasant. She's literally a homeless person at the moment. All of her friends came from amazing household and some are wealthy kids. Sometimes she couldn't help but think about how she could be dating Peter if only her life was a little better.

Carter was right: everyone has a league. Growing up, Mia knew she was never on anyone's league, especially Peter's. Peter confessed to have had a crush on her in junior high school. They grew closer to each other but their relationship was never made official. It was just an ongoing fling, although Mia did and does have feelings for him. She was ashamed of her background and upbringing, so she never told him how she truly felt.

"Hey."

Mia felt a tug on her hand and she looked around as Peter pulled her away from the group she was talking to.

"Hey, what's up?" she couldn't resist smiling whenever he held her in his arms. She drank the rest of her beer and dropped her solo cup on the kitchen island. She squealed when Peter lifted her against the counter and leaned close to trap her between his arms.

He grinned and kissed her softly. For a moment, Mia felt like she belonged there. She broke the kiss and gaped at him. Peter smiled, "Is it weird that I missed you?"

Mia shrugged, "Everyone missed me, Pete. You don't have to be worried about that. You're normal."

He shook his head, "What I meant was I missed you in a weird way - I miss your voice, your touch... your body, gosh, you're killing me."