19. Day One and a Break-up

Carter reached for the back of her head and swiped the loose hair hanging down her neck up to the messy bun above it. Mia who was staring away from him turned around and smiled as she grabbed his index finger and pretended to bite it. Carter chuckled softly, pulling his hand away just as Hazel returned from ordering food at the counter.

"Ooh... what's with the atmosphere?" Hazel grinned teasingly as she placed their tray of food on the table. Both of them gaped at her before sharing a meaningful glance.

"What are you talking about?" Mia scoffed as she picked up her glass of carrot juice to take a sip of it.

"What, is he groping you?" Hazel's eyes widened when she noticed that one of Carter's hand was under the table.

"Hey, don't be weird," Carter shook his head as Hazel took a peek only to find his hand just innocently holding his phone in place.

"Just in case," Hazel laughed.

"Anyway, why did you invite us out for brunch today?" Mia asked.

"Aiden and I were supposed to have brunch together right after his class, but I've been waiting for an hour just to realize that the asshole stood me up." Hazel grumbled as she starts unpacking the burger she bought and took a bite. "I'm honestly done with that relationship."

"You broke up with him?" Mia frowned and Hazel replied with a nod.

"I mean, he slept with you but I forgave him for that even though it fucking hurts so bad. Who the hell does he think he is, snapping just because I kissed a guy?"

"You kissed a guy who is not Aiden? Surprising," Carter scoffed. "Normally, that's what he would do to you. I don't know if you're aware of that."

"Exactly! Of course I know, I'm not stupid." Hazel whined. "I guess that's it for us. We're doomed, the relationship is doomed, everything is doomed."

"Well..." Mia sighed, "Didn't he try to stop you when you said you want to break up?"

Carter stared at Mia, slowly starting to think that maybe the girl still have uncertain feelings for Aiden. Why does she care so much?

Mia noticed his deathly glare and shook her head once, to make sure he wouldn't take it the wrong way.

"He didn't. He's definitely pissed."

"Then you obviously need to talk things out with him, you can't just break up over the phone. You've been in a long run, Hazel. It's a waste if you let him go."

"You know what, let them break up." Carter interjected. "Aiden's an asshole anyway. Think about it, even married people gets divorced when the love expires. It's not about wasting yourself in the long run, it's about walking away when you know you're in the wrong lane."

Day one into the relationship and Mia already doubtful that they're relationship is not gonna end up anywhere. They may start arguing soon. Will he be just another fling? Probably. "But still, you've got to talk to him. Maybe he's just a little upset," Mia opined.

"I'm upset, what about me?" Hazel snorted. "You've been friends with him longer than I have, of course you would take his side. But I'm done with this bullshit. If he wants to be friends, we'll just keep it that way. A lot safer, a lot more PG-13."

Talk about viewer's discretion, Mia couldn't help but to get reminded of last night in the woods. Mia turned to look at Carter while he was paying attention to what Hazel had to say. Mia wished they had gone a little further because she wanted more than just making out with him back there. Carter broke the kiss and insisted that they leave that place last night, just as the other couple who they saw deeper in the woods started to get heated up. Mia wondered if Carter was affected by the sounds those couple made that he wanted to leave. She did so well at keeping her hands to herself, but it did not stop the swelling in his pants. Before they leave, Mia vividly recalled feeling his bulge between her legs. Nonetheless, Carter managed to pull himself together and remained composed along the ride back to the dorm.