Chapter 11: Comfortable Silence

We decided to stay at Jeremy's house for the night. We snuck up the window, to make sure we weren't caught. His parents have a thing about "being back home by 11". It was almost 2 in the morning by the time we were back at his house.

We were silent. Even so, it was a comfortable silence. No awkward movements, no odd looks. Sure, there was heat between us, but I always felt it.

We sat on his bed, silently. There was nothing to look at anymore, nothing to get interested about to avoid the situation. Just us.

"So..." He began, breaking the silence. I looked up, and his head quickly turned, blushing a faint pink. "About... earlier."

I sighed. Here we go, another fight. I got up from my spot on the bed and picked up my backpack before he could say anything else. "I-I know, you aren't gay and you have a girlfriend you've loved since Middle School and it's special-"

He grabbed my arm as I was making my way towards the window, to my car. I looked back at him, blushing madly. "Please, don't go..."

I sighed again, giving up. I placed my backpack on the corner of the bed and sat up, looking at him. We were back to square one, without talking.

I got on my knees and leaned into him, giving a hug. "Look, I know things are not going to exactly be 'status quo' anymore..." I felt his arms wrap around my body. My face flushed and I felt tears well up in my eyes. I loved him, and now I couldn't tell whether or not he liked me.

Placing my hands on his shoulders, I smiled and allowed the tears to slowly escape to my cheeks, allowing Jeremy to wipe them off me. I leaned my head into his hand. "But we are still together. Maybe not in the romantic form, but together; and that's what matters."

He nodded, letting me kiss the top of his head, making him giggle. "You're cute," He commented. He obviously said that to get a reaction, which he did. Congratulations, Jeremy. You are the only man- no... the only person on this Earth that can make me blush. He laughed hard. "Even when you blush! You're adorable I can't!"

I tackled him down, not allowing him to let him see the crimson creep on my face.

By the end, we were in that same position again, but this time, I was on top. I blushed hard, looking into his eyes. He was looking back, and I was tranced by the beauty of every feature. Every crevice, every line there or yet to grow on his face. I loved it all. I loved him.

He pulled me down. I spooned his side, placing my head into the crook of his neck. I whispered, "This is nice..." into his ear. Even though it was almost inaudible, he nodded and sleepily agreed. He was adorable... I'd never admitted to thinking that, though. At least, admitting I meant it.

He turned around to look at me, smiling wide. "You are cute, Michael." I smiled back at him, holding our chests together. He was warm, comfortable. I placed another kiss on his cheek, as he planted one on my forehead.

We looked at each other, quickly giving each other quick, sweet kisses on our lips. It wasn't as passionate as before, but it was sweet and beautiful and just enough to make my heart beat fast. His lips are never chapped and soft. It's almost never rough when we kiss; it's more sentimental and dreamy.

I closed my eyes, still holding him close. Pink began to brush my face as I replied, "Thank you, Jeremy."

I don't know how long it was until we fell asleep, but we shared no words after that as we strived to stay awake. A silence.

A comfortable silence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHY DIDN'T YOU GUYS TELL ME I DIDN'T WRITE ANYTHING GAHHh

Yeah, sorry this was a short chapter, (A lot shorter than my usual three-four pages) but I thought it was sweet and cute.

STAY TUNEDDDD