Chapter 7: Results

Yes, this is another Rent chapter. It's small, but I wrote this at 3:00 in the morning. I'll make up for it in the next chapter. I just really wanted to do this now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     It was a week after the auditions when I got the email. As I looked at the results to see who got what, I thought of FaceTiming Jeremy for the millionth time that week. Though, I thought better.

     "Let's see," I spoke to myself... "Here we are! Christine Caligula is obviously Mi- JOANNE?!" For those who don't know, Joanne is said to be a bisexual woman who dates a girl for the majority of the musical.

     I looked further down to find my name under... "TOM COLLINS?!" I got the part I... actually wanted?! What the hell? Wait...

     I looked down further, attempting to find Jeremy's name. It was all the way at the bottom... under Angel... He's my boyfriend... in the musical...

     Just as I felt as if I was going to faint, I got a text from a bunch of numbers. A new group chat, named "Rent Lovelies!", from what I saw. Christine made it and put everyone who was on the list. This included me, Christine, Rich, Jake, Jenna, Chloe, Brooke, and, of course, Jeremy.

     Rich started making gay jokes between me and Jeremy, while Christine usually bringing it down, telling him that Jeremy is hers, and only hers. I'd make the constant reminder in the chat myself--saying something like 'Yeah, seriously man. Anyone who's gay in here is you!'

     A little into the chat, I had realized that Jeremy had not said a word. I decided to text him in a private chat. 

M: 'Hey, Angel! XD'

     After about five minutes, he texts back: 

J: 'Don't call me that.'

M: 'Okay! Fine!'

     I tried to play it cool with him. It was slightly more comfortable in front of a screen, and not his face.

M: 'So, you upset you didn't get the couple you wanted with Christine?'

J: 'A little. I'm sure you're pretty happy about it.'

     I felt the cold of his words pass through my body.

M: 'Can we FT?'

J: 'Y?'

M: Becuase we need to talk about last week...'

J: 'About the mistake? Yeah. We don't need to do that.'

M: 'Y? It's imperative we should talk about this!'

J: 'Ugh. Fine. One minute.'

     A few seconds later, I got an FT call from him. I quickly answered. He was different from when I saw him last. He had bags under his eyes, which were red from what seemed to be crying. Old childhood photos were skewed across the floor.

     All of those pictures... I'm in every one of them... "You okay?" I asked.

     "Define 'okay'."

     "Emotionally."

     "Drained."

     I had hated these one-word conversations between us. They were few in numbers, but there were enough for me to know it only happens when there is something on his mind. "So... What's with the pictures?" I giggled.

     He flushed, quickly setting down his phone, cleaning up his mess. "N-N-NOTHING! Don't look!!" This just made me laugh even harder. When Jeremy picked up his phone again, his face was a bright red. "S-Shut up...!"

     "You're such a pitiful child, Jeremy!"

     "Speak for yourself, Michael!" We burst into even more laughter 

     We were back to normal... As normal as we could be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We just got one of those new TV's where you can play YouTube, and now I'm sitting downstairs typing on my computer and listening to the BMC soundtra- "MICHAEL MAKES AN ENTRANCE" -ck on my TV

This is the life.